Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Shot after I was punted into the turn 4 wall backward at Race 9 during the Rd Atlanta Petit Lemans. Car was repaired (sort-of) for my season best 10th place finish 2 days later.

Rear frame is bent pretty good, but repairable. Believe it or not, the front damage was completely cosmetic (and repaired easily with fiberglass), and not mechanical damage to the drivetrain was done.

Dave

·
Registered
0 Posts
David,

Sorry to see your Z wrecked!! :cry: But, I want to congratulate you on your best ever season finish!! :cool:

How is the new motor running?? I'm sure next year we will be congratulating you on a top 3 finish. :cool:

You're a star here, my friend. Thanks for the updates!!

BTW...rumor has it that if you have a Z06VETTE.COM sticker on that Z, you'll gain 20 HP. :D :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
fcalmes said:
David,

BTW...rumor has it that if you have a Z06VETTE.COM sticker on that Z, you'll gain 20 HP. :D :roll: :lol:
Dont forget Z06Vette banners make great emergancy repair jobs simple, thus adding 20 more hp................

:lol: :lol: :cool: :cool: :cheers:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car was actually undamage mechanically, so we strapped the rear back on and ran the 2nd race, making the 10th place position. I had qualified 6th, but wasn't especially hard on the car due to its' uncertain condition.

Engine is running GREAT!

Dave

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Your hood and trunk lid alignments now look about like mine when it came from the factory :D. Hope you get her fixed up soon.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Dave:

Sorry about your accident, but am very pleased to know you weren't hurt!

Zip :z: :z:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dave,

Sorry about the incident. Now all the bad stuff is behind you.

When the car catches up with the ability of the driver, I'm sure you will be in the top five.

The very best,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts