Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Nice.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
A fun car, especially with a Maggie sitting on top of the of the LS6. :)

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
I'm seriously thinking about getting one and sticking the 427 from my z06 in it for a little extra pep.

Very good looking car.

Joe

·
Registered
69 Posts
dvandentop said:
too bad the rear ends suck ass
That's the truth - and for the most part, GM is ignoring the issue. The differential on this car is way under-engineered for the torque, according to a buddy of mine that has the CTS-V. He finally found a dealer that was willing to replace the rear with a newer one. He was getting lots of noise from the thing with under 3000 miles on the car. Lots of threads on the 'net about this problem

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ag-Z06 said:
That's the truth - and for the most part, GM is ignoring the issue. The differential on this car is way under-engineered for the torque, according to a buddy of mine that has the CTS-V. He finally found a dealer that was willing to replace the rear with a newer one. He was getting lots of noise from the thing with under 3000 miles on the car. Lots of threads on the 'net about this problem

Actually guys, number one, your right about the rearend problem but,...GM is atleast makeing the proper steps in the right direction. There is a bulletin for rear bushings on the car, that "SHOULD" help with the hard full throttle shifts in the 1-2 area...sometimes third gear as well, depending on your power level. Also, there are companies that make anti wheel hop kits for this application, for example, BMR...also, I like the KARS, cradle kit, which I have installed, and ordered more for my customers, as it seems to be the only kit that I have come across that actually works.

I am a GM technician at Vera Cadillac/HUMMER/Saturn of Pembroke Pines,...and all I pretty much do is performance work to the V's, hummers, escalades..anything GM. For example, long tubes, full exhaust, magnachargers....whatever. As we speak, i'm installing a magnacharger, moore performance custom cam, on a CTS-V that already has a full exhaust. Car should make over 500 to the wheels.

I've gone in one of my customers cars, 12.9 @ 111 walking it outta the whole with a 2.2 60ft and tremendous wheel hop. Not to mention on street tires.

Without a doubt, the car is a four door vette.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Rumor has it that LPE is seeking a donor car for some turbos-said donor will pay for the R&D too(50k++). Last I heard, someone of racing fame was considering sending his V for the treatment. After a week in my Vette, this V feels like a BOAT!!!! :D

Guess I'll wait for the results, and send it in for the "treatment" too.

GNX-LPE has a nice 427 package for them, as does Mallett and More Performance.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
There is one around Dallas to watch out for.... Just listen for the little extra whine.... Isn't that right Gordi...

Chris

·
Registered
67 Posts
Brandon619 said:
That was great footage of CTS-V. Love exhaust note, if any at all. Good find :thumb:

Yeah, my friend/customer has the blown V, with long tubes, no cats, and corsa catback....car sounds WICKED!!!

Hard to belive its a Cadillac

·
Registered
90 Posts
Got a V for my daily driver in mid-April. Car is an absolute pleasure to drive. Other than the wheel hop, which I, of course, have only heard about and never experienced because I never accelerate too quickly ( :bs: ), and a minor rattle in the sunroof, the car is a great ride. Just not looking forward to winter in this thing--when I'll have to break out the sand bags for placement in the trunk and winter rubber. In the meantime, the runcraps will be tested to no end.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Love the CTS-V, great 4 door alternative to the z06/vette, and 427s and LPE turbos ect sound awesome, but to me its sort of pointless , let me explain: one would buy a Cts-v most likely because the 2 seater Z06 doesnt fill his/her needs, then one would throw another $30-50K on top of it, wouldnt just be simpler to have a 2 door whatever with alot of power and have a 4 door CTs-v for one's needs or something else with 4 doors, but hey, If you have the money its great for ya, Im just talking on behalf of the poor guys :blush:

BTW RC45, Cts-v is manafactured by GM, you sure you still like it :roll: Just kidding around :rofl: :rofl: Thanx for that shot , IT looks awesome :yeadog:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts