Corvette Z06 Forum banner

I am a current/previous C5 Z06 owner and I plan to

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal with the sudden influx of non-Z owners trolling this place and posting all sorts of crap? I swear I don't even check the Z sections on any of the other boards (and barely here) since it's filled with conjecture and a billion "I have/don't have enough money to afford it" posts.

What I really want to know from those who currently have or have had a C5 Z if

a) I plan to purchase the car at any price point
b) If it comes in fully loaded at $65K (including gas guz) I plan to purchase it
c) I have no plans to purchase it.

-N

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
I have a C5Z and a C6 coupe. I have a C6Z on order and plan on buying it regardless. That of course if the price doesn't escalate in a surprising manner.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
If they come in at 65k to 75k I will probably buy one at some point.
My goal is to do a museum delivery, attend the Z06 Fest and
drive it home. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Nabbs,

I had to vote will not buy at this point. Don't get me wrong I love the car and could care less on the gas guzzler thing. Coming up with 35-40K more for another Z is a problem. Notice we have the same car quicksilver/blk. If we are only going to get 30 or less for ours it's going to be real tough for me to swing this. And that dosen't even count the insurance side. Maybe I will find an 07 down the road that someone has babied. This time I am going with the Lemans Blue or Black. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I just sold my Z in the past month getting ready to buy the new one (I don't have a big enough garage to have two).

I agree about all the posts about not being able to afford one.
We're on here to talk about Z06's - of course I guess I should
get the mods to disable my membership since I'm in between right now.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dwjZ06 said:
Nabbs,

I had to vote will not buy at this point. Don't get me wrong I love the car and could care less on the gas guzzler thing. Coming up with 35-40K more for another Z is a problem. Notice we have the same car quicksilver/blk. If we are only going to get 30 or less for ours it's going to be real tough for me to swing this. And that dosen't even count the insurance side. Maybe I will find an 07 down the road that someone has babied. This time I am going with the Lemans Blue or Black. :cheers:
Hey man -- no need to justify your stance :) I am totally with you. I love my Z and don't feel like I have worn it in yet.

Don't give up on silver yet-- it's the easiest to keep clean!

:mug:

-N

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I'm going to get one in 2008 assuming the prior three years of experience with the car by others proves it to be everything I think it will be. Why three years? I still owe 3 yrs on current Z and I expect the new Z to be discounted by then like my current one was when I bought it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Not planning to purchase a new Z06. Too many cars out there I like to buy the same type over and over again. I have always said I was a sports car enthusiast, meaning there are allll kinds I want to spend time behind the wheel of.

Everything from Vettes to S2000's, 350z's Porsche, Jaguar and so on I want to grace my driveway at one point or another. It's why I don't "buy" my cars. Every 2-3 years I turn them back in for a new one. Each car has it's own unique nuance.

Every time it will be something different.

Besides, right now it is probably out of the price rance I want to land in but as time goes by our financial picture continually improves. Who knows what 5 years from now may hold?

Right now however it is a no.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Nabbs said:
What is the deal with the sudden influx of non-Z owners trolling this place and posting all sorts of crap?

-N
It's obvious to the car owners all over the World, that the new Z06 will be the new "King of the Hill" and that's creating all the hype and it's well deserved :z:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I don't plan to purchase a C6Z largely because I read about them back in mid summer last year and expected them to be high like 70-75k so I opted for a discounted C5Z instead at 45k. That said I am only 24 and don't have the savings nor the income to just buy whatever I want and it is work enough just to pay for my current Z. I love the new one and if money were no object I would buy one in a heartbeat. Someday I may get one, but not brand new and not without selling my current one and saving a few years.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh I should say that I chose $65K since anything north of that starts to become considerably more difficult for me to justify to my CPA -- Mrs.Nabbs LLP. They have a very strict financial review proceedure, and can withhold "refunds" and couch certain dividends so to speak if the numbers don't jive :)

Not saying it should or shouldn't cost more or less, just that's my delta at this point. Hey it's my poll, if you want a different threshold at which your wife/husband/bf/mother starts to threaten to remove your manhood, start your own damn post :)

-N

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Nabbs said:
Hey man -- no need to justify your stance :) I am totally with you. I love my Z and don't feel like I have worn it in yet.

Don't give up on silver yet-- it's the easiest to keep clean!

:mug:

-N
Well I didn't want to be included in the list of whining about the price. I own mine outright so I don't have a payment to consider. I do like the silver but man that Lemans Blue is sharp. I also am not much on first year cars. I will not rule it out, but it does not look like it is in the near future for me. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IT L GO said:
It's obvious to the car owners all over the World, that the new Z06 will be the new "King of the Hill" and that's creating all the hype and it's well deserved :z:

I agree, but I find their tone less cordial and more competitive, which really irks me. Regardless of which route I take, I welcome the new Z and the new Z owners to the brotherhood...but, please, everybody take a big cup of chill the fvck out. There is no need to get into a comparo-competition or a "I can afford you can't." If some of the things posted here were in any other section, Mr Fogel would come in and tear some of these posters a new double-wide.

Besides, perhaps this my wishful thinking, but I like to believe that being a previous Z owner counts for something over these new whipper snappers and their cup-holder equiped Z06s.

-N

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dwjZ06 said:
Well I didn't want to be included in the list of whining about the price. I own mine outright so I don't have a payment to consider. I do like the silver but man that Lemans Blue is sharp. I also am not much on first year cars. I will not rule it out, but it does not look like it is in the near future for me. :cheers:
Yes I am in the same boat as you. I own my Z outright. I think selling my car and buying a new Z for what I paid for it new, would be a bitter pill...so you can understand my reluctance (hey I want to be able to retire at some point!) if it's more.

I personally am at that threshold as to whether I mod the poopie out of my current car, or sell and buy a new one. I'm leaning to the latter.

Time will tell.

-N

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Nabbs said:
Oh I should say that I chose $65K since anything north of that starts to become considerably more difficult for me to justify to my CPA -- Mrs.Nabbs LLP. They have a very strict financial review proceedure, and can withhold "refunds" and couch certain dividends so to speak if the numbers don't jive :)

Not saying it should or shouldn't cost more or less, just that's my delta at this point. Hey it's my poll, if you want a different threshold at which your wife/husband/bf/mother starts to threaten to remove your manhood, start your own damn post :)

-N
Funny you say that about your wife. My wife also known as the war department says why can't you be happy with the one you have? Also her Delta was already maxed out the first time around. Anyway I hope to get one down the road. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Nabbs said:
Yes I am in the same boat as you. I own my Z outright. I think selling my car and buying a new Z for what I paid for it new, would be a bitter pill...so you can understand my reluctance (hey I want to be able to retire at some point!) if it's more.

I personally am at that threshold as to whether I mod the poopie out of my current car, or sell and buy a new one. I'm leaning to the latter.

Time will tell.

-N
I'm with ya brother! :thumb:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had a 02 Z06 and loved it. Personally, I think as long as the price is $5k-$10k below the Viper, it still a good buy. I plan on getting a new one after the first year of production. Hopefully by then, GM would have sorted out the kinks like they did in 2002.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nabbs said:

-N

That is too funny. My CPA, as you put it, gave up on me already. Everytime I want a new car, I would just keep on pestering her everyday for 2 months. After about 6 weeks, she would be so tired of hearing it. She just says, "buy what ever you want". Now, she does not even want to hear it. :)

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Hey, Nabbs... When I am able to purchase I will be. Unless the price is stupid, I want one... This is why I haven't done any serious mods. That and the Home projects which are due to be done this year... :D
BTW, The 06 Z looks great in Silver... Very tempting....

·
Registered
387 Posts
I will wait until summer of 06 and purchase a new 2007 Z, if price is right. I really love the looks of the viper though.

I just went thru a separation and could of bought 2 new 06's for what that cost me :lol:

1 - 20 of 184 Posts