Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first RED Vette, I have had a Blue '88 Convertible, and a White '92 Coupe.

For my personal taste, it was just a little too much red.

I have always liked Black, but to keep the Black looking first class is a full time job (I have had a Black '92 Mitsubishi VR4, and a Black '93 RX-7 previously). SO, why not try just a LITTLE Black, like the C5-R Facia......., but make it gloss black, and maybe the roof too. Maybe throw in a little Red Tint Sparkle in with the black to make it interesting going around corners in the bright sunlight.

Enclosed are three photos of the new paint job (I may have to send three separate messages) - or at least here is my attemt at sending the photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it will not......

appeal to the Vette owners that appreciate the stock Corvette. This is my first Vette with this much in performance and custom upgrades (Between the first owner and myself, there is close to $12,000 of custom touches), and this is a car that is going to take me awhile to pay for (which also means I'm going to have it for awhile), so I think I'm going to have a little fun with it.

The response on the street has been fantastic, but I know there are many people with very different opinions on what you should do with your Vette.

My mark is on this one, I'm glad I can live with what I've done. :eek: :)

Steve Nix

IMA Z06 said:
Not my cup of tea.......

·
Registered
514 Posts
Agree with IMA but your car do your thing!

·
Registered
29 Posts
SteveNix said:
This is my first RED Vette, I have had a Blue '88 Convertible, and a White '92 Coupe.

For my personal taste, it was just a little too much red.

I have always liked Black, but to keep the Black looking first class is a full time job (I have had a Black '92 Mitsubishi VR4, and a Black '93 RX-7 previously). SO, why not try just a LITTLE Black, like the C5-R Facia......., but make it gloss black, and maybe the roof too. Maybe throw in a little Red Tint Sparkle in with the black to make it interesting going around corners in the bright sunlight.

Enclosed are three photos of the new paint job (I may have to send three separate messages) - or at least here is my attemt at sending the photos:
Just the roof with tinted windows might have looked unique, but I don't know what I think of the rear :-?

·
Registered
495 Posts
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

But there again,,,,,thats just my humble opinion and we all know,,,opinions are like a*#holes,,,everyone has one and most of them stink. :roll:

Nick

·
Registered
755 Posts
:yeadog: Life is a ride, enjoy it ! :cheers: :cheers: Farris :z:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I've seen better pics of your car. That one doesn't do it justice.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think it looks COOL!!!! Nice job.

Jackhammer:guiness:

·
Registered
151 Posts
BAD

It looks awesome, I saw that on the C5R and thought it would look bad-a. If i ever get the non-pop lights, i might even think of doing that on the back.

Wow, looks too lowered though. You probably cant even go over a speed bump.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Steve,

It certainly is unique, and the more I look at it, the more I think I like it!:eek: :cool: :p :cheers:

I think it is toitally awesome that you did what you wanted!:)

Joe:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Makes the big butt look smaller. Its your car enjoy it. I put my initials and the Z06 badge on my cars rear. Got the SLS from the Cadillac parts department. People ask me all the time what does the SLS stand for so I tell them thats my initials. Starts conversations something people can relate too. You will not find it to hard to find your vette in a parking lot with lots of other vettes. Cool

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's the other pictures.....

....I thank those of you that made nice comments.
It's completely all right for those others to let me know that they have been offended by the changes also, because I UNDERSTAND how you feel, I used to react the same way. :D

If you don't have tolerance for custom paint, please don't open these other pictures, refered to earlier::cheers:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=656458&uid=493750&members=1

See you guys later.

Steve Nix

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Steve,

I think that it is a cool unique look. It certainly takes some guts to make that big of a change. I am sure that you will get more heads turning than I will with my stock look. :)

- Charley

1 - 20 of 21 Posts