Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's almost February and the start of Nascar, but it just doesn't feel the same to me. Anybody in the same boat?

I was wondering what driver's all of the Dale Sr. fans are now "rootin" for. I liked when Dale Jr. and Harvick won, but I'm not really latched onto anybody yet.

Just curious?

FiveOJoe

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I couldn't have said it better, FiveOJoe. :( I'm in the same boat as you on all points. I've lost interest in most of the pole position broadcasts after DE died. Didn't even watch all of the televised races after that. Ricky Craven is another driver that I've been watching. It's taken him a few hard years to bounce back, but he never gave up. I'll still be rooting for a Chevy win. :cheers:

DAve

·
Registered
46 Posts
:( well this is when we will find out who the true fans are! You're telling me you where only watching nascar becouse of DE Why waist 3hours for that he didnt do to good for that last season and a half.
Dont get me wrong he was/is my fav driver but i watch it for all 32 cars not just one.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I've been following DE and DW since their rookie year and even a little before that in Busch. I used to watch Ned Jarret, The King, Dave Pearson and all the old farts. DE had a personality of never give up, fight to the end, yuh couldn't believe. I still have my tixs for Louden, I still watch everyone. I'm just not as interested in anyone particular, so I really don't care who gets the pole. I think DE would have kicked ass with the new 1 motor rule. Anyway, when I see someone step up to the plate, I'll get more interested. Harvick looks good. Only time will tell. So don't give me that crap about the true NASCAR fans. DAle Earnhardt's fans are true NASCAR fans. There's just this big freggin void right now.

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To CopTzr

I don't think I said I didn't watch anymore. Just pointing out that I still have'n't found my new "favorite driver" yet. I was watching racing every week for racing, and pulling for Dale to win every week. I still don't miss a race.

As for Dale "not doing so good the last season and a half".... Didn't I see him on the stage at that "Awards Dinner" not that long ago? Better look at the stats again, I think youl'll find out he was better than you think. (And HE was twice your age..and then some)

FiveOJoe

·
Registered
376 Posts
I would like to see Dale Jr do well this year. No favorite.I like to see a driver that can put his car out front, battle like a man, take his lumps, keep it in one pc. be there at the end, win the race!!! NO:cry: babys , You still have some hard chargers out there, thats what it takes for a good race:cool:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Diehard Earnhardt Fan

Never be the same without Dale. He was the best there ever was. I like Harvick. I like Dale Jr. But, I am( and have been since his start) a Jeff Gordon fan. Lot of people don't like him, but he has 4 Championships, and a good chance to win a few more. He drives clean, and he is good. Nobody gives you anything in racing. No, he didn't take the hard road Dale took, but he is one of the best. Dale, we miss you!
quote;
"Blessed are the knuckleheads,most of us,caught wherever we are caught,doing whatever we are doing,wishing,looking to get outside our lives and fly...
Blessed is Dale...
Dale Earnhardt, 1951-2001...
He found the way."

·
Registered
173 Posts
Will definitely miss the #3 have kept up with Nascar since the 60's and this is the biggest void in sport I can ever remember. I think I'll stick with Little"E" probably because there's this champion survival instinct that has been bred in him. Will be fun to watch him mature.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I never really liked him but i miss him too, it's not the same with out the #3 on the track. He was a little passed his prime but he was still great on the superspeedways. He still had the fire in his heart, he wasn't just out there like Richard Petty at the end out on a sunday drive. In time Jeff Gordon will be in the same league as Dale, but he will never be as cool!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
NASCAR

Watching a race for 3 hours or more would be boring every Sunday if the same driver won week after week. I have a deep respect for every one of them because you just don't get in Winston Cup overnight.

I have 5 Chevrolets but for personal reasons I like Dale Jarrett. He takes what's given to him and doesn't try to make something out of nothing.

The coverage on TV is so good now days that it's almost better than being there but just "almost".

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I think my user ID says it all.

8/29 from here on out. I'll be at Daytona again for the 500. I've only missed 1 in the last 12 years. Thank god it was NOT back in '98.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts

The one thing about Dale was if he was in first or last he could make a race interesting by his drive to win !

I like Harvick and Dale Jr. but there will still be a void ! I live 3 miles from Lowes Motor Speedway and I'm not as interested in Nascar like I was before !

My barber cut Dales's hair for years and still does Steve Parks who is doing better and his double vision is gone ! I wish him luck !

Rob

:cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts