Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good place to get the Z inspected? I don't want to go to Jiffy Lube and have some 16 year old kid beat the hell out of the car. From what I remember they need to drive it to check out the brakes and tires, etc. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
984 Posts
There's a place I use in Lewisville. They never leave their own parking lot. I have both my vettes done there every year. They get it up to about 10-15 mph and then hit the brakes. That's it.

For the newer ones, they don't use the dyno, they just plug in for the computer test.

It's on 35 south at Fox avenue on the west side of the highway. Can't remember the name, but it's an old converted gas station with a huge awning, and it's green.

Rick

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

I forgot to mention I am in Denton County.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bob is who I go to also

that way, if there is an issue, it's at the place where it is covered under warrenty

go someplace else and if it doesn't pass, you still have to fix it and go back to that place or forget about what you've already paid

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I cant believe some states inspect new cars like that. At least here in California they dont look at it until its at least 5 years old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts