Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry for the profanity, but this is just pissing me OFF !!

I just got the car out of storage and parked it in the driveway.

It proceeded to rain heavily on it yesterday, then it snowed 12" last nite !!!! Heavy and slushy stuff. Too heavy for the snow blower. What a frigg'n joke !!

I-90, I-79 and I-86 are closed. Trees & power lines are down, 22,000 without power in the county. Cable went off with 1 lap to go in the St. Petersburg race.

I told my wife there is only 1 thing left to do.

She said, "Yeah....just stay on Z06vette.com. That's all your going to get to do!"

UPdate: My wife just got back from the Supermarket, crying.

She said she just got to the Express Line when the power went out. She waited 20 minutes but said "Screw IT" and left.
As she walked out of the dark store a big slab of snow avalanched off the canted roof and wiped her out, knocked her down into a pool of water. Her feet are wet, her butt is soaked and she has snow down her neck, in her blouse and even in her bra!!! I just put her in the hot tub...she'll be fine.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
That sucks! At least your internet still works.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
That's hard to imagine, because it's 78 degrees here today.:)

·
Registered
372 Posts
It was beautiful here ! 76 degrees, clear sky - beautiful day for cruizing in the Z ... which I did !

I feel for ya (used to live 25 minutes south of you) many years ago - don't miss it now ....

- Carter :cheers:

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Thankfully this will not last long DJ....I thought that Maine had all the bad weather :)

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
You guys are just mean...I would never tell a guy that it's 75 out and beautiful....like it was today. I sure wouldn't tell him that I drove my car all day today with the windows down just enjoying the great day. Especially when it's snowing where he is....but, man it was a nice day today...and yesterday...and all of last week. :D :lol:

·
Registered
722 Posts
You guys really suck! LMFAO!!

:rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
DJWorm things can't get much worse so hopefully everything will get better. My weekend update: Southern Calif. Corvettes had a "waste a day" driving over 200 miles all over on twisty mountain roads looking at all the wild flowers the rains helped produce. Then after dinner the 27 vettes and their occupants went to see "Highway 66" a play in Ramona, Calif. Today we went to a car show and bar-b-que at Dalton's Roadhouse, before we came home. Cost of 15 gallons of gas $40.18 average mpg 22.7.........price of 91 octane $2.65. Weather "shorts & a T-shirt for the guys. Used to live in Detroit.....enough said.

·
Registered
971 Posts
At least I won't be lonely. Hi DJ.

DJWorm said:
Sorry for the profanity, but this is just pissing me OFF !!

I just got the car out of storage and parked it in the driveway.

It proceeded to rain heavily on it yesterday, then it snowed 12" last nite !!!! Heavy and slushy stuff. Too heavy for the snow blower. What a frigg'n joke !!

I-90, I-79 and I-86 are closed. Trees & power lines are down, 22,000 without power in the county. Cable went off with 1 lap to go in the St. Petersburg race.

I told my wife there is only 1 thing left to do.

She said, "Yeah....just stay on Z06vette.com. That's all your going to get to do!"

UPdate: My wife just got back from the Supermarket, crying.

She said she just got to the Express Line when the power went out. She waited 20 minutes but said "Screw IT" and left.
As she walked out of the dark store a big slab of snow avalanched off the canted roof and wiped her out, knocked her down into a pool of water. Her feet are wet, her butt is soaked and she has snow down her neck, in her blouse and even in her bra!!! I just put her in the hot tub...she'll be fine.

It raining cats and dogs here with sideways rain. lol

Maybe we can figure out a way to put in an LS427 in a snowmobile and put the 427 badges you have too good use.

I been to gym already and have read for three hours. Maybe, I should just go to church, bookstore or head to the local pub and have one for the forum.
:drunken:

P.S. I also already bopped the wife. So that's out:D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Just got off the phone with my sister-in-law, she lives in East Springfield, they are having a bad time of it also. :cheers:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Soon DJ.....soon........the weather will turn..........I thought it would be a good weekend then we got 2 inches of rain.........I'll take the rain over snow any day.........hang tough.......

·
Registered
624 Posts
I feel for you . . . the weather here in NYC has gen been crappy . . . I can't take it anymore, I feel like I'm wasting my life away since I like to do outdoor things and I've lost 1/4 of this year already. Keep in mind I come home around 8 so even if the high is 50 deg, its cold and windy by the time I get home . . .

I really want to move but I think I'm stuck here because of my job . . .

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
DJ if it makes your feel any better, it's the same here, yesterday I left at 5am to make it to Atwater for an autox (did alright for my first time on Kumos in two years) couldn't say for the second day because of work, but luck out in some ways. This morning high winds and snow. We all know how well the Zs handle pushing snow.
My wife and I are leaving for Charleston SC on Friday to look at Homes. I'm done with snow.
Maybe the sun will come out tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
You can always get the snow out of her bra......hope the Z is OK sitting outside. :rofl: May be you are both in that hot tub this morning. :roll: :guiness: 60's are coming this week.

Bob :D

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
And we bitched in Baltimore as the wind blew sand and a bit of "spittin rain" across the GM plant parking lot where we did a farewell autox before plant closing.
Ah ... but this too shall pass.
:cheers:

·
Registered
230 Posts
DJ- I feel your pain...literally. Here in Chautauqua NY area we received 26 inches of that wet heavy snow. Most of it is gone today, thanks to the beautiful weather that we received. We'll be rolling again very soon I think! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts