Corvette Z06 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
D.J. and Les, thanks for the support. I am going to keep @ it until I get the hang of this thing.

Do you think these E.T.'s are ok for this altitude, or am I still way off?

thanks again,
danny

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Chirodan said:
D.J. and Les, thanks for the support. I am going to keep @ it until I get the hang of this thing.

Do you think these E.T.'s are ok for this altitude, or am I still way off?

thanks again,
danny
I have seen new Z's run in the 13's in Florida which is at sea level with lots of tire spin. The e.t. is a function of traction for the most part. Mile per hour is an indication of the climate and adjusted altitude. Your mph is an indication of horse power. The e.t. will drop with better traction and driving. I would use the e.t.'s that you have established as a standard to improve on.

D.J.

If it was me I would be proud of what you are running right now. I started out with a seventeen second car and worked my way into the elevens. You have selected a car with a lot of power to learn on so IMHO you are doing very good.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I could not have said it better DJ.

Les

OneQuickCoupe said:
I have seen new Z's run in the 13's in Florida which is at sea level with lots of tire spin. The e.t. is a function of traction for the most part. Mile per hour is an indication of the climate and adjusted altitude. Your mph is an indication of horse power. The e.t. will drop with better traction and driving. I would use the e.t.'s that you have established as a standard to improve on.

D.J.

If it was me I would be proud of what you are running right now. I started out with a seventeen second car and worked my way into the elevens. You have selected a car with a lot of power to learn on so IMHO you are doing very good.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just ordered my Nitto 555R drag radials today!!!!

They said I would have them by friday, so I can't wait to put them on and see how this helps me.

Gosh I hope I can shave @ least 3/10ths off of my time. A half a second would be golden!!!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts