Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my last problem I'll report from this weekend (honest). During the last session of 16 we saw dark smoke trailing out behind the car. At this point the car was being driven on fumes and the engine was cutting out often. Perhaps related is that the car is leaking what I believe is trans fluid; but also we noticed some light gray, almost white powder in the tail pipes where normally then collect black powder. Does anything think I need to look into the smoking issue further (other than the leaking trans fluid of course)?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This is my last problem I'll report from this weekend (honest). During the last session of 16 we saw dark smoke trailing out behind the car. At this point the car was being driven on fumes and the engine was cutting out often. Perhaps related is that the car is leaking what I believe is trans fluid; but also we noticed some light gray, almost white powder in the tail pipes where normally then collect black powder. Does anything think I need to look into the smoking issue further (other than the leaking trans fluid of course)?

·
Registered
158 Posts
just means they have not elected a new Pope.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Black smoke is "No Pope yet", white = "Got a new Pope". Either way, that was funny.

With respect to the Grey/White powder...you said you were running on fumes, so you were likely running very lean - I just never saw that indicator in the tail pipe.

·
Registered
413 Posts
once when i was very low on fuel the motor would "cut out"...cause was - duh very low on fuel, sufficient fuel volume could not get to motor. Apparently under acceleration fuel was forced back in tank and could not be pumped in enough volume forward to motor....I put a couple gallons in tank and problem was eliminated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts