Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have this problem?? Radio lights, instrument lights "flickering" as such. The HVAC lights do not seem to be affected. I hate to take the car in to a dealer as I suspect they would have one helluva time finding anything wrong, and troubleshooting electrical probelms could be a real PITA. Just seems to be a minor short somewhere...they don't go out, just blink at me......annoying as hell. Any answers out there?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My "flickering" problem is not just at idle. Also, since the HVAC light does not seem to be affected, I would think it is something other than the alternator as I suspect all lights would have this problem if the alt. were the culprit. I guess my concern is that all the lights will go out sometime. Also, it's aggravating at night...like I have a slight buzz or am at some disco place w/ the strobe lights (ouch, that dates me). Am going to check tonight when it is in the garage to see if I have any of this from the headlights. If so, it's time to visit the shop.
Thanks for the input troops.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
C4C5--
Thanks for the info...now, can I get an appointment w/ you this week? Seems I'm only about 1,000 miles away...what an excuse for a drive!
My big fear is that out of 3 area dealers, I think only one sells any Vettes...and not many at that. I could see multiple trips and attempts at repair with no success. Maybe I'm just paranoid but it sure would give me a lot more comfort knowing the tech was knowledgable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts