Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
According to the NCM magazine:

Q: Will the Z06 be offered in more than just the hardtop?

DH: "The Z06 is for the extreme performance enthusiast who is happy to trade off creature comforts and open air for the best overall performance possible. We intend to keep the Z06 one pure performance car and continue it as a fixed-roof coupe.".

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Thank You Mr. Zip :D

That's the best news I've had all day ;) And, it makes sense to keep it exclusive and distinctive :cool:

:cheers:
Barrie

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
It's amazing to me how many Corvette "enthusiasts" think the Z06 is merely an engine package. :roll:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I asked Dave Hill this same question at Carlisle. He replied with a very firm "No, it would ruin the car." I am sure that he has been asked this over and over again. At the time I had an '01 Z51 6spd. convertable, that I thought was rigid enough for the Z06 pkg. Personally, I don't think if they made a Z06 coupe or convertable it would ruin the car, but, I do think it would put a big damper on the hardtop model Z06 as we know it today. You only have to look at the slim sales of the '99 &'00 FRC's. JMHO:)

carzzy

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Deja Vu

Isn't this "old" news or did it come up again with DH in a post or live chat?

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Thanks Zipster. I didn't want to be (diluted) with the other models.

Pat :z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Z06 FRC

I agree with Dave .It would ruin it all if the Z06 was available in the other two body styles. Being an FRC adds to its uniqueness!!!

Jackhammer:guiness:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Zipper,

Thanks for the great info.! I think they should keep the Z in a hard top only.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts