• Painted Silver

Votes: 18 12.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I spoke to Dave Hill last Saturday, he indicated some percentages for production of the various wheel options. I believe he said that the polished were anticipated to be 20% of production.

He also commented that he really preferred the black wheels and asked my opinion. He seemed a bit surprised when I said I liked the polished ones. Almost made me wish I had said the Black, I don't know exactly why other than maybe I didn't want to dispute such an icon. I began to rethink my preference.................still polished...

Well that brings me to the question.... If price were no consideration, which wheels would those of you who are awaiting your unit or who are seriously considering buying, select?

·
Registered
353 Posts
i have the chromies on mine but if they werent such a hassle and i didnt have to clean them every 3 days id keep them. i plan on going with a set of black wheels and chrome lip. both look great on my black z and i would take either.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Black Z + black wheels = :jammin:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Black wheels RUIN the looks of any car, not just Corvettes. They look cheap and scream "my owner never washes me, look at all the brake dust".

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Black with polished lips. Solid black looks like someone took off their hubcaps.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
CorvetteConti said:
black wheels are awesome...but only if you have an aluminum edge to break up the black against the black tires.
I agree, however fully polished Aluminum is still my favorite :jammin:

·
Registered
40 Posts
For the most part, black wheels don't do anything for me. They can look ok with a polished lip on a silver car if it's a tasteful wheel design.
I've seen a silver C6 with black wheels/polished lip that looked alright.
When it comes to black wheels on a black car, sorry, but I just can't get past thinking Knight Rider.
"KITT, I need your help!"
"I'll be right there Michael!" :lol:

Oh, my vote is for the painted. I'm somewhat partial to a more understated look, and even the polished are too shiny for my taste.
I wouldn't go for chrome either. Just looks way too flashy and out of place on many cars IMO. Especially on a vette.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I love black rims..and no i'm not trying to hide brake dust.. :ity:

·
Registered
145 Posts
pczo6 said:
I love black rims..and no i'm not trying to hide brake dust.. :ity:
I agree!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I have varied tastes, but do like black wheels on some cars. They make it look more business like, less flashy to me.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts