Corvette Z06 Forum banner

261 - 280 of 310 Posts

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
I hope it all works out for those planning on attending!:cheers:

Last year at our 1st Z06 Fest in Bowling Green KY we had the remnants of Hurricane Isadore come right through Bowling Green KY.:eek: We had an AWESOME time regardless of the weather..it was all about the people!:)

Have a great time and most important be SAFE!:cheers:

Les:cool:

Btw, Kudos to Z06airways & his wife for their very C:cool: :cool: L hospitality!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Z06airways said:
WTF! Not even 24 hours later and the weather forecast does a complete 180!:puke: Well, I hope they just screwed up and it goes back to sunny and 83! It better, because I'm totally screwed if it doesn't.

I am committed to the tables and chairs from the party rental. The food order from Famous Dave's has been placed. All of this has been paid for and is non-refundable! So, regardless of the weather, drive over what ever you want and there will be plenty to eat and drink!

If you know anyone that has a career in weather forecasting, please punch the crap out of him for me!:mad:

BTW, this just turned into a rain or shine event after finding out nothing is refundable or allowed to be postponed.

Start up that NO RAIN DANCE again please.

Brad
:thumb:

Maybe Rebar Man can help....

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Alright folks, no more bashing on the people that don't drive in the rain. I am one of them and choose not to drive my Z in the rain. Everyone can choose how and when to drive their Z. I have always wanted a vette since I got my license and now I could finally afford one. I guess since it has been a wish for so long, that I choose to drive it on sunny days and my truck on other days.

Some people buy them as daily drivers, some buy them to take to the road course or drag strip and others drive them when they want to.

If anyone can't make the party because of a long and rainy drive, I completely understand. So lets just have a good time with those that can make it and we can always look forward to another get together the future.

BTW, I think the NO RAIN DANCE will work and the weather will cooperate. I seem to have good luck lately and this weekend may pan out.

Thanks,
Brad

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
FiveOJoe said:

Seems your all jumping on me since I'm the only one that mentioned I didn't want to drive in a rain storm all day. No I'm not kidding. 3-1/2+ hours each way (in good weather). Why would I want to drive anything for that long in the rain if I didn't have to. I'm not afraid of the rain , just don't feel like driving all day in it. If I was an hour away it would be different.

Joe
Guys,

I'm with Joe on this one. I am about a 1/2 hour further than Joe. It's not the driving in rain, it's going to be the length of the drive in rain that will do me in. I'm going to play it by ear and see what it looks like that morning.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Say Backlash and Joe,
For you guys to drive all that way, I think you're making a good call to wait and see that morning. These weather guys just don't have a clue!! It's too volitile up top, but I hope you can make it. I think everyone can guess what the weather will do, how much do they make a year??? :p
I'm with Mike, heading out to try the NORAINDANCE again.
Mike

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
alright Brad and Panzer!

I am already here, it DID rain my entire drive from WV:( BUT-am excited about my track event tomorrow. See everyone Saturday:)

Yes, remember that Les? Hanging out under the Hampton arches, rain pouring down, all of us drinking and drooling over everyone's Z06 haha

Sorry if I pulled too hard on your chain FiveOJoe-will you accept my apology?

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Leslie,
Have yourself a great time at the track, what an adventure!!
Mike

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
Leslie: No apology needed. I really want to make this event, but just don't feel like driving 4 hours in the rain. Remember I drive 12 hours a day on the job, so I'm looking for an enjoyable drive, not one where I have to watch out for every jerk on the road during a downpour.
I will also have my wife with me, so driving in the rain would not be an enjoyable ride for a passenger either.

Okay enough of my whining. If it's not pouring rain, I will be there!!

Beside's, I wouldn't want to be put on "BRENDA'S permanent wimp list!!" :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
on another note-I drove for the first time in the rain with the new Kumho Ecsta Mx's-and they are AWSOME! I would swear I was on F1''s on a nice dry highway. Lovin' it! Now we'll see how decent they are on the track as a street tire haha

·
10,998 Posts
blkZ06 said:
on another note-I drove for the first time in the rain with the new Kumho Ecsta Mx's-and they are AWSOME! I would swear I was on F1''s on a nice dry highway. Lovin' it! Now we'll see how decent they are on the track as a street tire haha
I had the same tires put on yesterday and they are feeling fine. As a point of safety to other folks check your tires when you get down on thread. I was still a little above my wear bars but when they took off the old GYs I had a little bit of tire cord showing on the inside of the tread on the front and a nail in a rear tire :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
20,625 Posts
panzer said:

I had the same tires put on yesterday and they are feeling fine. As a point of safety to other folks check your tires when you get down on thread. I was still a little above my wear bars but when they took off the old GYs I had a little bit of tire cord showing on the inside of the tread on the front and a nail in a rear tire :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Holy Moly!! :eek: :eek: Good thing we didn't do an EB vs. BLK runoff after the criswell show!! :eek:o:

·
10,998 Posts
MSiska said:

Holy Moly!! :eek: :eek: Good thing we didn't do an EB vs. BLK runoff after the criswell show!! :eek:o:
I have a affinity for those, you know one stud with another...:lol: :lol: :rofl:

Yeah, those nails sticking out give me better traction when I go dirt tracking and motocrossing with my Z06....
;)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Forecast continues to get worse. Bob Ryan, Evil Meterologist From Hell - this town ain't big enough for the both of us. Noon tomorrow in front of the Z06 corral - be armed. Peacemaker vs Glock...

:flaming:

·
10,998 Posts
BLEUBYU said:
Forecast continues to get worse. Bob Ryan, Evil Meterologist From Hell - this town ain't big enough for the both of us. Noon tomorrow in front of the Z06 corral - be armed. Peacemaker vs Glock...

:D :D :D :D :lol:

·
20,625 Posts
BLEUBYU said:

:eek: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #279 (Edited)
To all:

It's Friday at 1535, the rain has stopped and the sun is coming out. I'm no weather man, but looking at the weather front on the map at weather.com, it appears that the front is pushing south and east away from us. I predict a nice day tomorrow, regardless of what they say tonight on the news.;)

I'm actually all ready and have nothing else to do.:cheers:

See ya tomorrow!:cool: :cheers: :cool: Anyone that wants to come as early as 1030, come on down and give me a hand with the table, chairs and setting out the food. The food arrives at 11am.

Brad

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Cya tomorrow Brad, rain or shine. Thanks for hosting this! :cheers:

261 - 280 of 310 Posts