Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am number 10 on a very large PA located chevy dealer who I believe is a Tier 1 dealer - I am also number 10 on their Z06 list and have purchased 2 corvettes in the past from them - anyway, the other day in speaking with my salesperson he told me they had "3 Z" allocations for July - they were working down the list to determine who was serious about placing orders and increasing the "down money" from $200 to $1200 (no biggie) - my question is do the allocations "roll or expire" month to month - so, if there were 3 for July and none are placed in July do the 3 roll into August in addition to any others offered in August? The dealer is Reedman Toll in Langhorne PA. Just curious in getting some forum perspectives. Thank you!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good question. I wonder if they lose the allocation. But.... highly unlikely they would not place the orders, even to stock.

·
Registered
359 Posts
RTY2005 said:
I am number 10 on a very large PA located chevy dealer who I believe is a Tier 1 dealer - I am also number 10 on their Z06 list and have purchased 2 corvettes in the past from them - anyway, the other day in speaking with my salesperson he told me they had "3 Z" allocations for July - they were working down the list to determine who was serious about placing orders and increasing the "down money" from $200 to $1200 (no biggie) - my question is do the allocations "roll or expire" month to month - so, if there were 3 for July and none are placed in July do the 3 roll into August in addition to any others offered in August? The dealer is Reedman Toll in Langhorne PA. Just curious in getting some forum perspectives. Thank you!
The allocations do not roll......order them when they are given to you or lose them.
?- are you getting 2 z's or locking two lists so as a guy that could get in with one dealer doesn't because they have a spot set aside for you....when the time comes you may have moved on and left other dealer hanging and potential Z customer without an opportunity.....

Just curious as to your intentions

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
RTY2005 said:
It's interesting to note the increase in "down money" from $200 to $1200. Just the idea of someone ordering a new Z would be enough for most dealer to order one. Who cares if the guy who orders one takes it? I can't think of a dealer that wouldn't want to have one of those in the show room. If he had a car like that in the show room he would ware out the door hinges with everyone wanting to sit in it. Just the spin off sales of new C6's would be enough to keep his writing hand in therapy. I would believe anyone would want to get in on that piece of the action. Hey Man did you know Joe's Chevrolet has a new Z06 on the show room floor? Let's beat feet over there to have a look. That's the way it was when G.M. brought out the 63 Split Window. You couldn't get close to one in the show room. It was just amazing.

D.J.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Corvette allocation is "protected" so that if the dealer earns an allocation, and does not have a buildable order in the system, the dealer will be generated a "pattern" order.

It is unlikely that a dealer will not have sufficient orders in place to cover the limited allocation this month.

Part of the serious intender question may come from how they want to prioritize the orders, 1-99. The system looks at the allocation numbers, and then at the priority, and then at the constraint.

For example, if a dealer has a regular corvette allocation, without a convertible constraint, and has 5 preliminary orders the system will look at the orders and find the first coupe order with the highest priority. If all 5 are convertible orders, the system will provide a coupe.

·
Registered
359 Posts
it's not up to the dealer though when a car is ordered...if a dealer is lucky enough to receive an allocation, then he can move forward with an order, when GM say sit' stime, not until then...a dealer can sell 200+ Z06's , as many have already and only receive 75 Z's for the year; #'s 76-200 and having a deposit mean nothing.
Good luck all

·
Registered
203 Posts
jdogg said:
Corvette allocation is "protected" so that if the dealer earns an allocation, and does not have a buildable order in the system, the dealer will be generated a "pattern" order.

It is unlikely that a dealer will not have sufficient orders in place to cover the limited allocation this month.

Part of the serious intender question may come from how they want to prioritize the orders, 1-99. The system looks at the allocation numbers, and then at the priority, and then at the constraint.

For example, if a dealer has a regular corvette allocation, without a convertible constraint, and has 5 preliminary orders the system will look at the orders and find the first coupe order with the highest priority. If all 5 are convertible orders, the system will provide a coupe.
Ok so what your saying (in my case). I have ordered a 1LZ and am #4 on a dealer list that has 6 allocated in for July 25. GM in their wisdom decides no 1LZs on the first go round.

Will my order turn into a non-contrained 2LZ (for stock inventory) or will the next person's sold order with 2LZ say #7 on the list get the car? I assume priority 1 is sold orders.

I keep editing this but another question; will I get a chance to change my order to a non-contrained (2LZ) before I get screwed?

·
Registered
432 Posts
RFC2 said:
Ok so what your saying (in my case). I have ordered a 1LZ and am #4 on a dealer list that has 6 allocated in for July 25. GM in their wisdom decides no 1LZs on the first go round.

Will my order turn into a non-contrained 2LZ (for stock inventory) or will the next person's sold order with 2LZ say #7 on the list get the car? I assume priority 1 is sold orders.

I keep editing this but another question; will I get a chance to change my order to a non-contrained (2LZ) before I get screwed?
My guess is GM will tell your dealer of the problem( no 1LZS) Dealer should contach you and say do you want a 2LZ? Thats how I think it works? :cheers:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
CorvetteConti said:
it's not up to the dealer though when a car is ordered...if a dealer is lucky enough to receive an allocation, then he can move forward with an order, when GM say sit' stime, not until then...a dealer can sell 200+ Z06's , as many have already and only receive 75 Z's for the year; #'s 76-200 and having a deposit mean nothing.
Good luck all
Then it's proper business manners to return any refundable money or equal towards such a purchase or credited money instead of letting it sit in the dealerships escrow account or bank account right? :jammin:

·
Registered
338 Posts
curvesman said:
My guess is GM will tell your dealer of the problem( no 1LZS) Dealer should contach you and say do you want a 2LZ? Thats how I think it works? :cheers:
That is how it is supposed to work. I want a 2LZ and am #6 on a list and have the Nov. allocation for my dealer. I would move up if someone ahead had a 1LZ and did not want to change to a 2LZ. I know we all want ours first, too bad that we all have to stand in line. Its a long line................

·
Registered
765 Posts
It comes down to your dealer to communicate with you about the 1LZ/2LZ mix, and/or other options.

If your dealer has not earned a constraint equal to your priority, the system goes to the next buildable order within the dealer constraints.

It is a 4-pass system, so in pass 3, if another dealer has not taken all the constraints, it re-spreads them to the other dealers and re-runs the order placement process. (each pass runs multiple times until certain global parameters are met, then it moves onto the next pass.)

·
Registered
765 Posts
RFC2 said:
In an unconstrained situation, if you had allocation of 2, and 5 preliminary orders - equally prioritized, it is a random selection as to which orders get placed.

If they are prioritized 1 through 5, Orders 1 and 2 get placed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My intention is to ride it out with the dealer I placed the order with - I believe their intention when going down their Z list is to ensure those that put a measley $200 down are not playing around and serious about the order - how many C6s did we see last august - quite a few i.e. people that ordered them and when they came in the customer crapped out - anyway, appears the allocations they got for July were taken as my salesperson never called me back - some dealers like Les Stamford, and Maxie Price have aggressive salespeople linked into the forum and very vette centric - other dealers who sell a ton of vettes appear to be more laid back in terms of interacting with their customers on the Z hype - oh well, I love my triple black C6 vert so until I get the call I will enjoy the open air driving. Good luck to all!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I don't hear my phone ringing even with a grand down as a deposit and cash to pay off the purchase. So anyone who may think someone as I has an advantage think again.

I really doubt I even get a shot at a 2006 Z06 the way things are going but we shall see after Sept. when the ball gets rolling. Other then that I'm thinking 2007 instead of a 2006 Z06 model in late spring. Will say it is depressing to think about :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
jdogg said:
It comes down to your dealer to communicate with you about the 1LZ/2LZ mix, and/or other options.

If your dealer has not earned a constraint equal to your priority, the system goes to the next buildable order within the dealer constraints.

It is a 4-pass system, so in pass 3, if another dealer has not taken all the constraints, it re-spreads them to the other dealers and re-runs the order placement process. (each pass runs multiple times until certain global parameters are met, then it moves onto the next pass.)
Oh man, please explain this "earned a constraint" thingy. Is this like earned tax credits?

So............ for example: GM has contrained 1LZ (or any thing else) to 20% production and to make it easy lets just say week 1. There are 100 sold orders 50% are 1LZ and 50% 2LZ. How would the 20 orders thet were accepted for 1LZ be allocated to dealers? Does 1 dealer get more of a 20% share based on "earned contraints". I know this is trivial crap but its intersting as well.

Bob

·
Registered
765 Posts
If the constraint is 20% this first week, then 20% of the orders will be with the option.

If you have 100 total builds, that means that 20 cars can have that option.

If you get 10 cars, then 2 of your ten get the option. If you have only one, you get 0.2 car *this week*.

Constraints change week by week, and some are limited by production capacity - Convertibles at ~50%, Z51 varies a bit more.

In your example 30 1LZ orders are considered unbuildable, and in the place of the sold orders, a pattern order will be built, as a 'stock' order.

In other models where the allocation is not 'protected', and the demand exceeds production, the dealer will lose the allocation.

·
Registered
203 Posts
jdogg said:
If the constraint is 20% this first week, then 20% of the orders will be with the option.

If you have 100 total builds, that means that 20 cars can have that option.

If you get 10 cars, then 2 of your ten get the option. If you have only one, you get 0.2 car *this week*.

Constraints change week by week, and some are limited by production capacity - Convertibles at ~50%, Z51 varies a bit more.

In your example 30 1LZ orders are considered unbuildable, and in the place of the sold orders, a pattern order will be built, as a 'stock' order.

In other models where the allocation is not 'protected', and the demand exceeds production, the dealer will lose the allocation.
OK, so my if my dealer has 6, 1 will be 1LZ and if I am the highest on list with 1LZ, it could be mine. So its a straight deal. No dealer earns more of the constraint than others.

Of course (?) if other dealers pass on the contraint, I assume availability will flow downhill or maybe thay are forced to take 20%. Confused as always.

Thank you.

Bob

·
Registered
765 Posts
RFC2 said:
OK, so my if my dealer has 6, 1 will be 1LZ and if I am the highest on list with 1LZ, it could be mine. So its a straight deal. No dealer earns more of the constraint than others.

Of course (?) if other dealers pass on the contraint, I assume availability will flow downhill or maybe thay are forced to take 20%. Confused as always.

Thank you.

Bob
If a dealer passes on the constraint, then that constraint goes back in to the national pot and gets passed out on the next 'pass' through the order bank.

It is a hugely iterative process.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Ok,when do I get mine?

#5 on the order list at Stanford Chevrolet (2nd largest Corvette seller in the USA). Talked to the Sales Manager this afternoon....nothing new on my order, plant is shut down.

I'm going nuts here gang!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Zippy said:
Ok,when do I get mine?

#5 on the order list at Stanford Chevrolet (2nd largest Corvette seller in the USA). Talked to the Sales Manager this afternoon....nothing new on my order, plant is shut down.

I'm going nuts here gang!
You are not alone, Zip.....you are not alone! Count to 10, relax, you are driving a nice silver C6 now! Here is to us both behind the wheels of new Z06s by Christmas! :cheers: I know, you will have yours before then, but for me, a longer wait! Next Birthday Bash, save me a parking space, red will look good next to yellow! :)

(man you have made a lot of posts!!!!!!!!!!)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts