Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Dealer Allocations

993 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  johniew398 
#1 · (Edited)
I just saw a dealer's allocation letter posted on his site but he had removed the actual estimated number for each month. It means dealers have been told their expected allocations from July through December. I can't post it or link to it since he is not a forum vendor.

If the dealers all have this letter showing their estimated allocations per month that means they could give us that information and we would have an idea when we could expect delivery. Not sure why dealers wouldn't make that information available.

PM me if you want a link to that dealers site showing the letter the dealers received.

Added note: the reason that dealer said he wouldn't post his numbers:

"I will not disclose the amount I received because of the dealers on the forum...however I will say this...knowing how controlled the distribution is going to be, I was very pleased with the 1st allocation report. It was double digits though !!!!!!!"

"I think you 'll soon see stuff on the web containing info about cars promised and not received...I have been very cautious in my pre-orders so I am not a part of that."

See less See more
#2 ·
Dealers are going to be cautious about disclosing the numbers for the first 6 months, if he getsthe letter and it estimates 6 in the first 6 months, and you are number 7, does he hope you wait and not tell you what the *estimated* number is?

Or does he tell everyone that he is getting 6, and then you go shopping somewhere else? I think that he likes your money enough to promise you something.

#3 ·
jdogg said:
Dealers are going to be cautious about disclosing the numbers for the first 6 months, if he getsthe letter and it estimates 6 in the first 6 months, and you are number 7, does he hope you wait and not tell you what the *estimated* number is?

Or does he tell everyone that he is getting 6, and then you go shopping somewhere else? I think that he likes your money enough to promise you something.
True enough, and I have a low enough number that I know I will get mine by March 2006. However, if you were number say 150 and the dealer wasn't even hitting 100 by December you might definitely go somewhere else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.