Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first 2006 ZO6 consensus period starts today for dealers, so check with your dealer to see if they are getting any.

:guiness:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
From Ken Fitchners newsletter:
"Dealers will have a 6 month production outlook available in June
Model will begin to ship in limited quantities in the 3rd quarter
Full production will occur in the 4th quarter
Allocations available during the June consensus will be available for production July 25 - July 31 2005"

So there will be a consensus each month?

If a dealer is allocated only 2 Z-06s, then the cars may not be "consensed" until the 3rd or 4th quarter if not in the first go around in the second quarter?
Does this mean each month he has to check, or is the order submitted into the system and GM calls them when appropriate automatically?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fyrcaptain said:
So there will be a consensus each month?

If a dealer is allocated only 2 Z-06s, then the cars may not be "consensed" until the 3rd or 4th quarter if not in the first go around in the second quarter?
Does this mean each month he has to check, or is the order submitted into the system and GM calls them when appropriate automatically?
There is consensus every month, for all models. In the consensus, the dealers have to come to a 'consensus' agreement with GM on the quantities of vehicles that they will order for a future month of production.

Each week, the dealer sees the allocation of the consensed orders. Somehow the computer matches allocation with the dealer's orders that have been entered and within the available constraints, will then 'place' the order.

The 6 month outlook is a 'best guess' from the 12 month sales history of the dealer and anticipated ZO6 production volume.

To use an example, if a dealer consenses to 20 Cobalts for July production, some time in the first week, he might get allocation for 6 Cobalts, with constraints for 1 SS, 2 coupes and 4 Sedans. If he has orders for 5 SS coupes, only one of them will get 'placed'. The dealer has to have orders in the system for the other cars to get built to his specs, otherwise the computer will guess at how to configure the car. The next week he might get 6, and then 3 and then 5 to get to his 20.

The remaining 4 SS coupe orders will carry over to the next week, or until the dealer gets another SS constraint.

The dealer also gets to set the order priority for those 5 SS coupes, so that the higher priority order gets placed first. If they are all at the same priority level, the computer picks one at random to build.

Hope this helps. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Dogg, thanks !

OK so anybody hear anything from their dealer?

Spitzer, Maxi, Kerbi..........any word?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I called my dealer, Les Stanford, this afternoon to see what's new and placed my order!!!! :cheers:

Velocity Yellow, with Ebony interior, the upgrade package (2LZ I believe), NAV System, Standard wheels, and XM radio.

The Sales Mgr told me they've received their first allocation and my order will be included! :D With a bit of luck, the car will be built in July! :D

I'll post more info as I get it.

If anyone is interested, yes, I'm selling the Z51 Machine Silver C6 Coupe. Send me a pm for details.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Zippy said:
I called my dealer, Les Stanford, this afternoon to see what's new and placed my order!!!! :cheers:

Velocity Yellow, with Ebony interior, the upgrade package (2LZ I believe), NAV System, Standard wheels, and XM radio.

The Sales Mgr told me they've received their first allocation and my order will be included! :D With a bit of luck, the car will be built in July! :D

I'll post more info as I get it.

If anyone is interested, yes, I'm selling the Z51 Machine Silver C6 Coupe. Send me a pm for details.

Where were yo on the list? I gave them a grand and haven't had a call regarding any order yet? Thanks for the update :usa:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Zippy said:
Sweet! I hope it gets done early so I can try and go pick it up at the factory.... :)

--S

·
Registered
359 Posts
fyrcaptain said:
Dogg, thanks !

OK so anybody hear anything from their dealer?

Spitzer, Maxi, Kerbi..........any word?
Thanks for the mention...yes I have cars in the 1st pull...it's going to be a long year, so hang in there -
Count on more updates, in regards to availability as production moves along - the good news is that it should get better & better
good luck to all of you
:cheers:

·
Registered
315 Posts
jdogg said:
There is consensus every month, for all models. In the consensus, the dealers have to come to a 'consensus' agreement with GM on the quantities of vehicles that they will order for a future month of production.

Each week, the dealer sees the allocation of the consensed orders. Somehow the computer matches allocation with the dealer's orders that have been entered and within the available constraints, will then 'place' the order.

The 6 month outlook is a 'best guess' from the 12 month sales history of the dealer and anticipated ZO6 production volume.

To use an example, if a dealer consenses to 20 Cobalts for July production, some time in the first week, he might get allocation for 6 Cobalts, with constraints for 1 SS, 2 coupes and 4 Sedans. If he has orders for 5 SS coupes, only one of them will get 'placed'. The dealer has to have orders in the system for the other cars to get built to his specs, otherwise the computer will guess at how to configure the car. The next week he might get 6, and then 3 and then 5 to get to his 20.

The remaining 4 SS coupe orders will carry over to the next week, or until the dealer gets another SS constraint.

The dealer also gets to set the order priority for those 5 SS coupes, so that the higher priority order gets placed first. If they are all at the same priority level, the computer picks one at random to build.

Hope this helps. :thumb:

It sure helps in my understanding of why GM is so F***ed Up

·
Registered
338 Posts
My order is in, though it doesn't mean much until the allocations are known. Unofficially my dealer has one for August, so far. She said not to worry, nothing is official and they have to get started. Looks like towards the end of this year until they will get to #6. :cry: Hoping that some people ahead of me at the dealer drop out............no offense, but want my red one!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Sorry for the delayed reply. I've been away since Wednesday.

I'm number five at Stanford. They don't have prices yet. I'm planninjg on calling them Monday, and will post any new info.

The Bose premium sound system with CD player includes XM Satellite radio. It's available as an extra cost option with the 1LZ package, and is standard equipment with the 2LZ package.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Zippy said:
Sorry for the delayed reply. I've been away since Wednesday.

I'm number five at Stanford. They don't have prices yet. I'm planninjg on calling them Monday, and will post any new info.

The Bose premium sound system with CD player includes XM Satellite radio. It's available as an extra cost option with the 1LZ package, and is standard equipment with the 2LZ package.

Zippy :z: :z:
You are #1 as far as I am concerned! :)

I know you will, but anxious to know when you get your Z06. I figure I will be about a month or so behind.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts