Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So, I went to local dealership to test drive/purchase a new 04' Commemorative Edition Z06 ***edited** Only thing I didn't really like was that the previous owner went with the Magnaflow dual tips and not the quad tips. Pretty clean except for the plug that goes behind the driver side interior door handle was missing and a few scratches on the outside. Anyways... the experience at the dealership was terrible, starting out when the sales person riding with me told me that he needed to drive it off the lot and he kept nearly stalling it, then he couldn't get the gate open to leave the lot so he had to use the back gate which had a really high speed bump. He started to drive over the speed bump when all of the sudden we hear this deafening scraping sound, he continues to just drive it on over, royally scraping the underside of the car.... That was a major turnoff! The car drove beautifully and I ran through the diagnostic mode on the DIC which didn't find too much. The real pain was the high pressure sales tactics, that coupled with the sales person defiling the car over the speedbump sent me running out of there! They had it priced at 29,995 which still seemed a little steep, even if it was a commemorative edition. Anyways the hunt for my new Z06 shall continue!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
That's a good car to buy from an original owner. Be patient and you will find the right one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually found another one today!! 04 with 39k miles, never been in for warranty work and has been the cleanest by far! Put the DIC in diagnostic mode and nothing really serious was in the history!!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Sounds good. How much for this one? Keep us posted.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$26,650, just put a hold deposit down on it! Only thing I noticed is that it sounded like it had some sort of differential whine or gearbox noise, so they are having a mechanic check it out before anything happens. Thing looks flawless, almost no scratches or dents or dings, even on the nose there isn't much sign of road - wear. Interior is very well taken care of.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How do you put the the car into diagnostic mode and what does it tell you. Will it tell you if bad stuff has happened to the car???

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
That's right, you can't do it on the C6. A scanner is required for the C6.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All you have to do initiate diagnostic mode is hit the reset a few times and hold down options and press fuel 4 times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Brand New Z06 Available For Less Than $70,000!

Just picked up my new c6z in Charlotte last month for $63500 after dealer incentives & some good negotiating. Drove it home with only 2 miles on it & cant get the smile off my face:)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

$70,000 is way too much in today's market.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

$70,000 is way too much in today's market.
What the heck was edited??? I can't remember what I said. :-?

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts

What the heck was edited??? I can't remember what I said. :-?
Terry, nothing you or CasperK said was edited. You both had quoted a post from Virginia Vette who is a Chevy dealer and his quote was edited out of your post.

Mike

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

Terry, nothing you or CasperK said was edited. You both had quoted a post from Virginia Vette who is a Chevy dealer and his quote was edited out of your post.

Mike
Whew! Thanks Mike. I thought I screwed up again. :sad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts