Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Dealer experience today

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Terry S 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So, I went to local dealership to test drive/purchase a new 04' Commemorative Edition Z06 ***edited** Only thing I didn't really like was that the previous owner went with the Magnaflow dual tips and not the quad tips. Pretty clean except for the plug that goes behind the driver side interior door handle was missing and a few scratches on the outside. Anyways... the experience at the dealership was terrible, starting out when the sales person riding with me told me that he needed to drive it off the lot and he kept nearly stalling it, then he couldn't get the gate open to leave the lot so he had to use the back gate which had a really high speed bump. He started to drive over the speed bump when all of the sudden we hear this deafening scraping sound, he continues to just drive it on over, royally scraping the underside of the car.... That was a major turnoff! The car drove beautifully and I ran through the diagnostic mode on the DIC which didn't find too much. The real pain was the high pressure sales tactics, that coupled with the sales person defiling the car over the speedbump sent me running out of there! They had it priced at 29,995 which still seemed a little steep, even if it was a commemorative edition. Anyways the hunt for my new Z06 shall continue!

#5 ·
$26,650, just put a hold deposit down on it! Only thing I noticed is that it sounded like it had some sort of differential whine or gearbox noise, so they are having a mechanic check it out before anything happens. Thing looks flawless, almost no scratches or dents or dings, even on the nose there isn't much sign of road - wear. Interior is very well taken care of.

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.