Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will add my 2 cents....The largest Corvette dealer in NE FLa is George Moore Chevrolet,Jacksonville Beach,Fl.I put my order for a 2002 electron blue z06 on the 19th of July.At that time they told me it was scheduled to be built the week of the 14th of Aug.I had asked if they would "deal" and the sales manager came back with an offer of $2500 off.The other dealers who get like one z06 a year wanted to ADD $2500 to the sticker.In all,with the memory package and chromatic mirrors,the base price was $47,900.I would be interested if anyone did better than that.They had 5 2001 z06's on the showroom at the time.Chevy ended up building my car 3 days later than scheduled,altho I still took delivery on time which I was told would be the end of Aug. back when I ordered.So,I can say I had a very pleasurable experience,especially when the 30th of Aug arrived and I went to pick it up.What a beautiful car!!!The finish is flawless,cannot find ANY cobby places in the finish.The doors fit,the trunk fits,no wind noise,just a solid example of America's sports car.The car is a joy to drive and can be almost scary although is well mannered around town.It is more than I expected.Total price was $51,758.05 an worth every penny. Pete

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Welcome !!!

Glad you had nice buying experience. It's always good to get off on the 'right foot', as you plant your right foot to the floor :D

Vince

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I'd say you did real good based on the deal you got in FL. When all said and done, after going 2000 miles from home, I did just about as well but started out at a distinct disadvantage living in Norcal.

Just be glad you didn't have to shop for a car around here where local potential buyers are expected to pay a lot more (eg, $5-10K over sticker) and higher sales taxes to boot.

Several months ago I tried on several occasions to prompt a local "high volume" dealer into negotiating with me in hopes of getting a fair deal on a 2001 Z06. I suggested they should be satisfied to sell at list because the economy has been seriously deteriorating since the first of the year and getting worse.

Long story short, the dealer absolutely refused to deal. I was NOT being a prick about it either. Just trying to keep them honest as they were already making a huge profit even at MSRP
on a "leftover" model.

Now 3 months later, the economy is in a freefall and an abundance of cars are starting to pile up on dealers' lots. Interest rates have been steadily declining and GM just announced super low rate financing as a buyer incentive, and a first to help sell more new C5 Corvettes.

People are being thrown out of work by the tens of thousands every week. Major airlines are at the brink of bankruptcy. The stock market has plunged and private investors collectively have lost huge amounts of their life savings.

If anyone would like to know what's wrong with our society, go back and reread the previous testimonial to GREED as manifested by certain Northern California car dealers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts