Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the dealer today so the now addicted fiance can look at automatic C6's and the dealer was amazed I got my Z for sticker price. He said he had the last 2 they had bought by a locator service for 20k over sticker. Rediculous...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If he did, good for him and bad for whoever failed to do their homework and shop. They can be had for sticker if you are paitent. Mine is so reserved. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, but then I thought why would he BS me when I've got a Z parked in their lot, it's not like I'm going to buy another one. I just dont see who would pay that much over sticker for a car, especially a locator service?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
rpanesar said:
I call BS on dealer's claim. Tell him to show you the paper work to prove it and I doubt you'll see it.:screwy:
I would agree 100%. If you look at eBay (which I view as free trade market for Z06's), the dealer's haven't been getting the big markups anymore and have pretty much abandoned using eBay.

Some dealer's will tell you they are getting the big bucks to see if you will bite, and some people on this forum are still biting. I also have one ordered at MSRP which I should get in Sept/Oct.

·
Registered
941 Posts
every dealer that has called me still has thier z on the showroom floor, trying to get 10k over sticker. And everydealer I have asked to show me where they are getting this kind of profit says ebay, I again ask for an item number. Neither paperwork, nor item number can be found. The prices are dropping, and they are not happy:) Just keep on waiting!!

·
Registered
941 Posts
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
navyasw02 said:
So I went to the dealer today so the now addicted fiance can look at automatic C6's and the dealer was amazed I got my Z for sticker price. He said he had the last 2 they had bought by a locator service for 20k over sticker. Rediculous...
You should have volunteered to be the dealer's new "locator service" as a side business. Tell them you'll get them some new Z's for $15k over (save them $5k). All you have to do is find Z's for MSRP or $5k over, arrange the transfer and pocket the $10-15k. Of course this won't work since the dealer is obviously giving you a complete line of BS, but it would be nice to toss the option back in their faces.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Domslude said:
every dealer that has called me still has thier z on the showroom floor, trying to get 10k over sticker. And everydealer I have asked to show me where they are getting this kind of profit says ebay, I again ask for an item number. Neither paperwork, nor item number can be found. The prices are dropping, and they are not happy:) Just keep on waiting!!

Even at MSRP they are making about $9 grand a car and fast as they can get them (i.e., no floor planning), just for taking an order. I used to own a dealership. If I could make $9 grand on every car, I would have jumped for joy! Don't feel too sorry for the guys selling at MSRP.

·
Registered
941 Posts
see that's my point. Already makin 9 grand, and they want 10 to 20 more. I mean I understand thier point, but still, some are just so greedy. Oh well, the day is coming when I'll get mine;)

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Domslude said:
see that's my point. Already makin 9 grand, and they want 10 to 20 more. I mean I understand thier point, but still, some are just so greedy. Oh well, the day is coming when I'll get mine;)
And the day is coming when these dealers will get theirs... Short term profit often costs a dealer long term sales....

·
Registered
941 Posts
amen!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't understand people having a problem with a business asking whatever they want for a product. It is called capitalism. Words like "greedy" "ripoff" etc. are words that have no definition(like price gouging). I also will not pay over MSRP but do not blame dealers getting whatever they can for their product. In fact I will wait until I can get GMS pricing. Maybe 2008 model year?

·
Registered
941 Posts
I just hope that they will still be making the 427 in 08

·
Registered
136 Posts
SeaSixRacing said:
I don't understand people having a problem with a business asking whatever they want for a product. It is called capitalism. Words like "greedy" "ripoff" etc. are words that have no definition(like price gouging). I also will not pay over MSRP but do not blame dealers getting whatever they can for their product. In fact I will wait until I can get GMS pricing. Maybe 2008 model year?
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? CAPITALISM?

20K over MSRP is not RIPP OFF its RAPE.

·
Registered
941 Posts
well my dealer that was supposed to sell it to me at cost, backed out, imagine that. He said 10k over, i said have fun!!

·
Registered
941 Posts
no where that I know of off the floor, can order at a bunch of places.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts