Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Z in for the steering column recall and noticed I was running high oil and coolant temps. Next day I noticed my 1-4 shift light came on. I decided to run a diagnostic and I'm throwing all kinds of codes. Ernie from Breathless tuned my car at the first Z06Fest. I spoke to him today and I'll have to courier him the PCM to get it reprogrammed. What a PITA :flaming:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Red Kelly said:
Took my Z in for the steering column recall and noticed I was running high oil and coolant temps. Next day I noticed my 1-4 shift light came on. I decided to run a diagnostic and I'm throwing all kinds of codes. Ernie from Breathless tuned my car at the first Z06Fest. I spoke to him today and I'll have to courier him the PCM to get it reprogrammed. What a PITA :flaming:
All the dealer does is re-flash your PCM with an OEM Z06 program with a modification to resolve the steering column lock.
For this reason, I'm ignoring this recall, as I don't want to loose my custom tune. If the steering locks, I'll deal with it then.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Red Kelly said:
Red,
This happened to me last year when I had the car in for
warranty work on the rear end seals. I complained so loudly that the dealer got me another PCM that I sent to Antivenom
to load my custom tune into. They did all of this under warranty at no cost to me other than the freight to and from
Florida for the re-tune by Greg at Antivenom.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
tlaselva said:
All the dealer does is re-flash your PCM with an OEM Z06 program with a modification to resolve the steering column lock.
For this reason, I'm ignoring this recall, as I don't want to loose my custom tune. If the steering locks, I'll deal with it then.

Yep, :yeadog:

The couple of times I had to take to take it to the dealer (rear end seals - gee sound familiar), I not only told the dealer but had a sign in the car stating not to reflash the PCM.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I call the dealer on Monday and see what they say. Ernie wants $195 to reprogram the PCM.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The new PCM flashes for column lock recall also edits the Segment 1 setting. Not only does it change all your custom settings, older versions of edit software could not reprogram them. Today, most tuners have updated their edit programs.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
The pcm once its been reflashed by the dealer for the column lock....needs to be totally reprogramed ...because most tuners don't have the ability to reload the previous program...

There is some kind of LS1 edit 1.1 or some nonsense..

I would highly suggest anyone with a modified pcm be very specific with the dealer not to reflash the pcm (with the column lock recall)

Often times the column lock will set on the D.I.C because the battery is low , the low voltage sets off the service column lock message..

For the future...any one who might get this message might try trickle charging their battery or just replacing the battery...

Then disconnect the battery for ten minutes..(negative terminal if you don't replace the battery)

This clears the Service column lock message off the d.i.c.

Hope this helps..

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Just curious why would anyone get the recall done when it does not fix it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts