Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, you're not going to believe this one. I have been having problems with my check engine light coming on. I took it first to the dealer who I thought was doing an excellent job, Allen Gwynn in Glendale, Calif. NOT the case, The service tech. was RUDE, CRUDE & CONDESCENDING. So I left & went to another dealer. The new dealer, Santa Paula Chevrolet, informed me that the catalytic converter was destroyed and the CO2 was also ruined. Allen Gwynn messed up the the cat. and co2 sensor. I called and complained to GMC. They are pursuing it further. Beware of this dealer.

UPDATE
I got A very nice call from the service manager of Allen Gwynn. Expressing his sadness over the events. he also informed me that the repairman in question does not work there anymore and the service tec. will be repremanded for his conduct.
Only fair to print this as I used the forum to call them out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry to hear of your dealer issues. Sometimes where the car was purchased turns out not to be the place to have it serviced. Many of us have had these issues when the cars were new. It just takes a bit of work to find a dealer that really has Corvette techs working for them. You should also be treated with respect as this is a major GM purchase. Also make sure the dealer "does use" jacking pucks when putting the car on a lift. I ran into a dealer that had my car on the lift without them. I saw this and blew a fuse and made sure there was no damage before the car was put down and lifted properly. I am not sure how GM will respond to your complaint but be persistant.
Good luck and let us know how you make out. JRD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hear...stay on them...GM wants to know this---get to the right individual---personally I would also leave a message for the owner of that specific dealership. Believe me as a business owner---we want the feedback --good & bad. Stay laser focused.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts