Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vant said:
Isn't it possible that the dealer could be bidding on his own auction (using fake id's) to inflate the bid? :-?

Just a thought.
It is possible but the wierd thing is he has been a member for 2 years & yet to do a transaction.I hope that someone is screwing with him. :rofl:

·
Registered
968 Posts
You will beable to my a used Z under sticker in 6 mo. and a new Z under by 9 mo. At least 5000 units per year maybe more. Just be patient is the word. Meanwhile this dealer is :guiness: and the high bidder is :screwy:

·
Registered
432 Posts
No one in there right mind would pay that much! You will see it was all a mistake, people thinking its not over msrp! :yeadog:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I bet the problem with that auction is that some people may not realize the bid is for OVER MSRP and might think it is bidding on the actual car. Just a guess since I have seen people bid on ebay for something as simple as a website that helps you get a navigation unit for free (B.S. website since it makes you buy other things first) but most people bid without reading the whole description and not noticing the "you are bidding on a website link" at the very end. They thought they were getting the Nav unit and bid the website up to like $250!!!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
vettemann7 said:
I bet the problem with that auction is that some people may not realize the bid is for OVER MSRP and might think it is bidding on the actual car.
I agree! This was a big issue on ebay a few years ago, because many people didn't read the auction correctly. Personally the blame should go to the dealerships for setting up such a confusing lame auction like this. Sure people really shoud read before they bid but come on, how many people offer over MSRP outside of ebay in the real world? Dealerships are just taking advantage of consumers yet again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
if your that stupid to play around with that kind of money..and not look into things....all power to the consumers..i say :coo:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
C6 Z06's will just sit on lots and remain 75% unsold - just like the Ford GT if this kind of nonsense continues.

Apart from the few volume dealers that support this web site, most will just sit on their aloocated C6 Z06's trying to sell them for $110,000 - just like the GT's ;)

Silly folks...

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
You find it all on Ebay!

Heck, I'll sell mine for just $15,000 over MSRP. :yeadog:

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I posted this in another thread but my dealer told me last week he got a fax from another dealer which said he would give up his allocation for a new Z, have it shipped to my dealer and have my dealer given credit for only $25,000 over MSRP.

We saw the same thing happen with the SSR and now they can't give them away.

I'm trying to be patient because I know it'll be more than a year before my dealer gets mine.

·
Banned
108 Posts
35k over sticker? no thanks. ill just wait for the 2007 z06 to get a better deal and to get all the potential bugs fixed. meanwhile i'll continue to have fun in my 2002 z06.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I sell ALOT of antique glass on Ebay, have been doing this for years. Let me tell you about a little thing called "Bid Shilling". You can have multiple accounts and user ID's, you can bid on your own items, you can have your buddies push your auction up by starting a "fake" bidding war for you. Ebay has alot of bottom feeders lurking, especially in the car business, I would not put much stock into that auction, just cross reference each bidders recent feedbacks and auctions they have won, you'll be suprised with the results. Ebay does very little to control these practices, they just want the money.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
vant said:
Isn't it possible that the dealer could be bidding on his own auction (using fake id's) to inflate the bid? :-?

Just a thought.
Right on. :usa:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts