Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like John Myrick (whom I have know for years) live in the Houston area. There were no Z06s to be found Some of the local "big dealerships Bill Heard, Lawrence Marshall, and Landmark were out . And if there weren't, the dealerships wanted sticker or sticker plus up to 5K-8K. I also talked with Knapp Cheverolet in Houston and they told me they had "some" scheduled to come in, and to come put 1-2K down. They couldn't tell me price or color, and said most of their customers didn't care about either, and would take what they could get. So, I tried some of the other dealers listed. I tried Rick at Maxie-Price, but he was out on vacation. I talked with one of the other salesman, and he informed me that they didn't have one like I was looking for. But they were courteous and helpful. I called Bill Estes, and they had sold the car I was looking for the day before. But, they had an Electron Blue with Red/Black interior allocated for production. Off the bat with no negotiation they quoted me $500 of sticker and no delivery charges. While the Electron Blue is a beautiful car, it is not what I wanted. So, I went to the C5 registry and pulled the dealerships there. Jon Hall in Fl website listed a Black on Black car, whic is what I wanted. I called them and began to discuss it with a Salesman by the name of Justin. When I explained to him that I had already been in contact with Maxie Price and Bill Estes and wanted to know what he could do he immediately offered me $1000 off sticker. I told him that if he made it $2000 we had a deal. So he went to his manager who didn't want to go 2K, but I told them that if they made the deal I would fly in the next morning and get the car, and so they made the deal. They had the car priced at sticker +3K. So, I got the price reduced 5K by just using the resources here and on other websites to arm myself with the information I needed. They knew I was serious, they knew I could go anywhere and buy the car, and they knew I would. So, they got right. I booked a flight to Daytona for the next morning on Delta. Even though fares are discounted theses days, with no advanced notice was $480. Also Delta is the only major airline flying to Daytona. Continetal has shut down service temprarily and Southwest doesn't go there. I flew in, and they picked me up at the airport in the Z06. My plane landed at at 4:00 I was at the dealership for about an hour, and by 5:20 I was headed back to Houston. The total mileage was about 940-950 miles with 21.7mpg @ around 80mph most of the way. Now what made that deal possible was this. Tuesday is the end of their month. If I had called Wednesday they told me specifcally that they would not have made me that deal. But they had 3 just like mine on the lot, and they wanted to make their numbers. With this interest rate, and the ones on the lots disappearing fast, if you want one, you might need to make a deal today or tomorrow. As I said Tuesday was the latest I could have done mine. Hall had 8 Z06s at the begining of the week, I thing they were down to 2 or 3 when I picked mine up Saturday. Hope this helps.

-Jarrod

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Jarrod,

Welcome to the forum :)

Glad to hear things worked out fo yu in the end! It may have taken some time, but you got the job done. Good job :D

Knowledge is power, glad the forum could help you and your wallet!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts