Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just took delivery of a 2002 Z06 on Friday 9/28. I love the car and the delivery of the car went fine. My problems began Saturday when I gave the paperwork a closer look. What happened was , the dealer just so happened to add an additional $800 in the finance contract. I looked at my purchase order, at the amount to be financed and the amount financed on my contract with GMAC and found that the dealership "slid"$800 to the price of the car. They added this $800 to the line that shows the price of the car, taxes, license fees and any extras that may have been on the purchase order. When purchasing this car we argued on the price for over two hours before we came to an agreement. I traded in a 2001 Corvette 6 speed , loaded convertable so it wasn't an easy trade. The 2.9% 60 month GMAC financing and the 405HP Z06 enticed me to trade the car in. I called the sales manager about this and he referred me to the finance manager who put me off the better part of the day. I called back again and demanded that this matter be resolved today. You see I was hoping that this was a mistake in the paperwork and not done on purpose. The finance manager gave me the biggest bullshit story I ever heard of ,he told me that GMAC in order to approve my loan at 2.9% needed $800 interest up front because I had a rate at 9% on my previous loan. So, lets see GMAC will not finance me at $30100 but they will finance me at $30900? I asked him if he thought I was born yesterday and told him that you had better get a check cut for the amount overcharged. After several threats on my part, lawyers, go to GMAC etc. they cut a check for $769. They thought they could get away with all of this because they quoted me payments all along the dealing process with the $800 figured in all along. So always bring in your purchase order with you on delivery and take the time to see if that payment really is for the amount that your financing. It is very easy to hide hundreds of dollars into a contract especially when it is for a large amount financed at a low interest rate.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Don't you just love sleazy dealers? :mad:

Makes me glad to have our forum dealers aboard! :cheers:

Glad you caught it and stood up for yourself! :)

Enjoy the new ride...

·
Registered
376 Posts
It sounds like you did the right thing,,sticking up for yourself! $800 is $800. The only thing i would have added would be to body slam his dopy ass.:mad: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Carzzy:

I just hate to hear stories like this! Glad to hear you resolved it.
BTW, what dealer is this?

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Zippy,
The dealership Is Joe Romano Chevrolet in Syracuse NY.
I filed a complaint with Chevrolet customer service and I will be sure to let them know about this again when I fill out the survey from Chevrolet. In all the years of buying cars this has never happened to me before.

Carzzy

·
Registered
1 Posts
You were not alone.
In 1999 I leased a new supercharged Regal from the same dealership when they sold Buicks as well. When I arrived to pick up the car, the payment was higher than what we agreed to in the sales order. I just went with it because it was about $3 over per month and I liked the car.

Last year, I had their service department perform 3 repairs to a new Cobalt under warranty.
-When they tried to fix a problem where the key wouldn't come out of the ignition, they replaced the ignition switch with one that didn't even require a key to start the car.
-When they tried to fix a noisy heater fan, they forgot to order the part, 1 month later.
-When they replaced a light-bulb in the front directional, they broke the headlight/directional lens.

When I received the Chevy new car survey and replied about the service accurately, the dealership put a note on all future repair orders that I wasn't due any "incentives due to a bad survey response". They actually put in on MY COPY of the repair order, so I called the General Manager, who didn't even apologize. He agreed to take the note off. I foolishly returned a month later for added service and the note was still there 1 month later.

As you might imagine, I'm a patient man, but I finally told the salesman I'll never buy a car or get service from the dealership again. It's especially unfortunate because he's a good salesman that knows his product well. Unfortunately he works for a poor quality dealership.

Hi,
I just took delivery of a 2002 Z06 on Friday 9/28. I love the car and the delivery of the car went fine. My problems began Saturday when I gave the paperwork a closer look. What happened was , the dealer just so happened to add an additional $800 in the finance contract. I looked at my purchase order, at the amount to be financed and the amount financed on my contract with GMAC and found that the dealership "slid"$800 to the price of the car. They added this $800 to the line that shows the price of the car, taxes, license fees and any extras that may have been on the purchase order. When purchasing this car we argued on the price for over two hours before we came to an agreement. I traded in a 2001 Corvette 6 speed , loaded convertable so it wasn't an easy trade. The 2.9% 60 month GMAC financing and the 405HP Z06 enticed me to trade the car in. I called the sales manager about this and he referred me to the finance manager who put me off the better part of the day. I called back again and demanded that this matter be resolved today. You see I was hoping that this was a mistake in the paperwork and not done on purpose. The finance manager gave me the biggest bullshit story I ever heard of ,he told me that GMAC in order to approve my loan at 2.9% needed $800 interest up front because I had a rate at 9% on my previous loan. So, lets see GMAC will not finance me at $30100 but they will finance me at $30900? I asked him if he thought I was born yesterday and told him that you had better get a check cut for the amount overcharged. After several threats on my part, lawyers, go to GMAC etc. they cut a check for $769. They thought they could get away with all of this because they quoted me payments all along the dealing process with the $800 figured in all along. So always bring in your purchase order with you on delivery and take the time to see if that payment really is for the amount that your financing. It is very easy to hide hundreds of dollars into a contract especially when it is for a large amount financed at a low interest rate.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Another good reason not to finance with the dealer. The finance guy is usually the biggest crook at the dealership. I have been lucky. My salesman for the last 3 cars did all the paperwork and I never had to see the finance guy so there were no surprises.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Hey Gary, wish you well in the new year 2008. Yes, I realize this is an old thread, but maybe he still visits here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts