Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a debris shield that is made from alluminum that filters out road debris from clogging radiator. Worthwhile or not? I remember my 87 vette when I went under to clean it out after about 60,000 miles and found a lot of leaves and a dead rotted bird (scared the $h*t out of me in a cramped space and confronted with this beast inches from my face). Anyone have it, worthwhile, waste of $, opinions??? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I put one on mine after seeing the leaves and crap up there during a routine oil change. For the cost, a great "must have mod" for peace of mind. :yeadog: I can't believe GM just didn't put one on from the factory!? :roll:

Bob

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Helping to keep the car breathing free and running cooler is a good thing. I've seen it somewhere here on the board, but couldn't tell ya how to find it a again. I opted to fabricate my own. Aluminun screening and 1/2" angle and TIG welder spells debris screen.
Good luck, I think its a good idea.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
My car is my daily driver and I've had no problems with leaves/trash near the radiator. I have found one leaf in there since I've had the car. Not needed in my case.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just get one from the vendor of your choice. You have seen the crap first hand that you pick up from the road and/or track. I have one. For the low bucks I paid for a commercial product you can spend a lot of time dinking beer instead of fabricating one. :guiness:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I sent the real radiator diagrams to the four of you that asked for it. Sorry for sending CLB diagrams to three of you the first time! If anyone else wants a copy, PM me your email addy...must have the email addy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts