Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I am looking for ways to bring my operating temps for the Mag down lower. In addition to the meth kit I just ordered, I am looking into this Cryo spray kit from DEI. I know that the temp transfer to water will not have as dramatic an effect when transferring to coolant (Such as for the Mag) but I am interested to see if this might help drop a few more degrees. I am also looking at a twin fan set-up mounted behind the heat exchanger to help draw air over the cooling fins even when the car is stationary.

Does anyone have experience working with this company or this product? Any input is appreciated.

***edited***

·
Registered
372 Posts
The product works as advertised, you just want to be sure that the CO2 that it puts out absolutely DOES NOT get inhaled through your air filter/intake. As long as you can keep the CO2 away from your intake, it's a pretty good way to go about getting >100% intercooler efficiency a short time.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I pulled my CO2 spray off but still run my spal fans on the back of my ICs.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice set-up Tom. I am looking into running a similar twin fan set-up on my heat exchanger.

Anyone spraying CO2 on a mag heat exchanger?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a novi 2000 with custom air to air intercooler. I too am wondering about this product as I am looking for a way to reduce inlet temps. Could I spray it on my intercooler safely? Is there any way it could get into the motor through the intercooler?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts