Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contacted delco about replacement and they recommend 75 7yr any comments about this battery? Don't need comments about optima have read all of those.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Delco is the best on the market hands down.

Bill

·
Registered
844 Posts
When mine died one week prior to the 2 year anniversary, the dealer replaced it with a Delco Professional 60 Month battery. Works fine. :idea:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am used to (Panasonic group 24, i.e. more powerful ) batteries giving up the ghost at the 10 year mark.

My OEM, (group 75 AC Delco 7 year oem) battery gave up the ghost at app the 4.25 year mark. The dealer said the oem battery was only guaranteed 3 yr or 36 k miles. Not even so much as a prorate.

Before you buy the AC Delco 7 year battery, (around here 75-85 dollars) you might want to pin them down on the absolute replacement specifics; should the battery last less than the warranty period. I was under impressed.

So I did some research, got a Johnson Controls battery (the AKA's are numerous, also the manufacturers of Optima Yellow and Red Top) for 41 dollars at Costco. Fit the battery position like a glove- even started right up!! :) It has a three year (no questions asked) FREE replacement with a 100 mo prorate (36 mo free plus 64 mo at prorate). So if it craps out OVER the 36 mo period, (at either the 4.25- 8.333 year mark) I can get up to over half to 20%, of the money back as a prorate. This could make the replacement cost 41-30=11 dollars crapping out over the 36 mo free replacement period.(at the 4.25 year rate as the AC Delco actually DID)

Do the math comparison against an AC Delco and let us know what you decided!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts