Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Delco cancels UPF44 Filter

I've learned that AC Delco has discontinued production of the Ultraguard Gold(UPF44) oil filter for the Corvette. You can protest this decision by sending your opinions to: [email protected], or phone 1-800-ACDELCO

Z06Y Lady, upset with AC Delco :(

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Janet, what is the reason for the discontinuation? I just picked up one recently at a Chevy parts dealer (Billings in Milpitas).

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reason Unknown

I don't know why they are discontinuing this particular model. The replacement will likely be the PF44 which isn't as good as the Ultraguard model. Now that many have bought wrenches specifically for the UPF44, perhaps they will come out with something new requiring yet another tool. Z06Y Lady :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Second Best?

NetJunkie said:
Changing my oil this weekend. What's the next best choice if I can't find the ultraguard?
Check the following web site for an analysis. http://www.shoclub.com/lubrication-oil/lubrication-oilpart5.htm

This article says the AC Delco Ultraguard is the "best" filter as we suspected. In second place are the K&N Filter and the Mobil 1 filter. All three are made by the Champion Company.

OK, OK, I know it was a Ford site, but good information is good information. Z06Y Lady, who thinks the best Fords have Corvette engines :)

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Re: Second Best?

Z06Y Lady said:

Z06Y Lady, who thinks the best Fords have Corvette engines :)
I think most street rod Fords would agree :cheers:

Too bad about the UPF44, it is the best. Glad I bought 3. Time to get a few more while stock is still available. Hopefully there is a lot of stock on hand. I suspect they sold very few of these, hard to justify continued manufacturing I suppose.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Here's the reply I got from ACDelco .....

Thanks for taking the time to write ACDelco.

In regards to your inquiry the UPF44 has been discontinued. We have forwarded your comments to our
Oil Filter Department.

Thank you for your interest in ACDelco.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Same here

Jerry Velders said:
Here's the reply I got from ACDelco .....

Thanks for taking the time to write ACDelco.

In regards to your inquiry the UPF44 has been discontinued. We have forwarded your comments to our
Oil Filter Department.

Thank you for your interest in ACDelco.
I received an identical message. I still encourage people to voice their concerns. Z06Y Lady

·
Registered
248 Posts
I got the following response from AC Delco

Thank you for your e-mail to the ACDelco website. We appreciate hearing from all of our current and future customers!

Our representatives normally respond to e-mail messages within 2 business days. At times we may experience higher volumes of e-mail messages which may create a delay.

Rest assured, we will answer your message in the shortest time possible.

Thank you for your interest in ACDelco!

ACDelco Customer Assistance

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Message coming

Al_Cruz said:
I got the following response from AC Delco

Thank you for your e-mail to the ACDelco website. We appreciate hearing from all of our current and future customers!

Our representatives normally respond to e-mail messages within 2 business days. At times we may experience higher volumes of e-mail messages which may create a delay.

Rest assured, we will answer your message in the shortest time possible.

Thank you for your interest in ACDelco!

ACDelco Customer Assistance
Al,

The message we posted comes next, Z06 Lady

·
Registered
373 Posts
If I had to guess, the sales volume must be horrendously low to justify the carrying costs for the UPF 44 AC Delco filter (black) which I think commonly sells for 8-9 bucks? The other PF 44 series (blue) goes for about 5-6 bucks for two at my local Wal Mart.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Yep, the volume must be low on the UPF44. BUT this IS the flagship chevrolet. And the PF44 is a piece of junk.

I can't help but think that communication at GM is the shits. Most of the dealers I've talked to have never heard of this filter.

Most corvette people seem to take the car to the dealer for oil changes, and if the dealer doesn't say "hey, we have this badass filter for your car that you should be using, but its $5 more", they're not going to sell any filters.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts