Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A forum member asked about the delivery checklist I provided to my dealer. Before the car arrived, I requested that the dealer perform the following actions:

1) Provide me with the vehicle's VIN. Once I received the VIN, I called the insurance company to set up the new policy.

2) Conduct a thorough inspection of the vehicle (especially the rocker panels) while the car is still on the transporter. I specifically requested this task to protect everyone involved in the event of damage. Happily, my car arrived with no damage.

3) Do not drive the car for any reason. I told the dealer I would waive any PDI requirement that involved a test drive.

4) Related to 3, do not fill the car with gas if fuel was not available on the dealer lot. When I picked up my car, my salesman and I drove to the gas station. I had the opportunity to top the tank off for the first time, and Ray (my salesman) covered the bill.

5) Do not place any dealer stickers or badges on the car.

6) Place the front license plate bracket in the trunk.

7) Include the original window sticker with the rest of the delivery materials.

For the most part, the salesman said these requests were all standard procedure for the dealership. After I arrived at the dealership, Ray saw me checking over the car and handed me the keys. We started it up, and he walked me through all of the car's electronic options (easy entry, approach lights, etc.). While the financing manager ran the numbers, he handed me the new brochure for the 2002's. A few minutes (and a ton of signatures later), Ray walked me to the service department and introduced me to the people there.

Six days later, the car hasn't skipped a beat. All in all, it couldn't have been a better experience. I have to tip my hat to Ray Mullins and the people at Allen Samuels Chevrolet in Houston.

Hope this was helpful.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Good issues for a checklist. Mine was amost the exact same, except I requested that the dealer leave ALL the protective plastic covering on it, and NOT to wash it. The 'lot boys' wash these cars, and I've seem the big old brush they use :eek: -- NO THANKS! They also left all the plastic covers on the seats and floor boards. After I get it home, I will spend a whole day cleaning and detailing it to my satisfaction. I did peel the plastic film off at the dealership from the body panels after the PDI (its easy to do) just to make sure no paint damage was under the film -- saw no additional damage. Unfortunately, my Z did have some paint damage due to shipping, but I accepted the car after discussing in detail with the body shop with respect to how it would be fixed.

One other thing I would suggest if your picking up a car you ordered, is that you take it for a 10~15 mile test drive before commiting to the deal. Since I told the dealer "no test drives" by the PDI dept, I was the test driver -- who else is better?? :D.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts