Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAM what a beautiful car. It had the black int. and was bought by a customer from Tx. The car was on order for about 10 weeks and is the first to come to our dearlership. I need a better camera to take pics of these cars so I can post them on my web page. IMHO This color and car is the big daddy of them all. No offence to the other colors but this one is hard to beat. And going by the poll I have been running on my Forum most agree.:D

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Rick,

What I love about it is watch it for a few days under differant lighting, really awsume..............

:smile: :smile:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I love the Millenium Yellow and it was my first choice until Electron Blue came along. Blue is my favorite color, so had to go for it. Everywhere I went, including carlisle, the car was attracting people like fleas on a dog. Just, hope it does not attract too much "official" attention...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It may be a BIG DADDY but Torch equals fire and thats all the other will see a RED BLURRRRR.G:eek: :smile:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Rick,

You made my day! I bought mine 8/20 from dealer allocation and will be in BG this weekend. Being built on tues/wed. I thought I read you'll be there! I'd like to meet you. Just confirmed my rsvp at BestWestern. I dont know how many tours a day are given ...but if I can i'll be doing a lot of them on tues/wed looking for my MY! ...Later:D :grin:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Rick, It's seeing a customer pick up their Vette which really makes your day :)

Did you get their forum name?

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He was not a member but he will be when he gets back to Tx.:D All of my customers will be members if I have anything to say about it.:grin:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
A few tips in the plant

Markmy02 said:
Rick,

You made my day! I bought mine 8/20 from dealer allocation and will be in BG this weekend. Being built on tues/wed. I thought I read you'll be there! I'd like to meet you. Just confirmed my rsvp at BestWestern. I dont know how many tours a day are given ...but if I can i'll be doing a lot of them on tues/wed looking for my MY! ...Later:D :grin:
The plant gives two tours daily, at 9:00 am and at 1:00 pm. There is a sign in sheet on the left as you enter the plant and after signing in, you can wait in the room on your left. Tours leave from the exit at the back of the room to the right as you are seated. The tour guides will help you to see your car if you can find it. As you enter the plant and make the first left turn, you will see the start of the trim line on your right. At this stage, each car has a build sheet on the nose of the car. The number in the lower right corner is the sequence number. The number in the upper right hand corner is the last digits of the VIN. The cars move in sequential order so seq #7023 is behind #7022 and ahead of 7024. The cars come down the line in color batches of 6 or 8 all the same color. It takes a day and one half from the time the car enters the trim line until completion. At the end of the process the build sheet is on the hood.

Once you see a sequence number, you will know if your car is forward in the line of further back in the process. The running gear line has the same build sheets and sequence numbers. Red brakes indicate Z06 or European export cars.
Hope you find your car! jerboa :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks Rick. Dawn and I decided to drive straight through to Dallas. 13.5 hours and a tad over 800 miles.

Z06 rocks.

It rained quite a bit on the way home. It handles really well in the rain. When it dried up some and I had over 500 miles on it, I blast from 2nd to 140 a couple times. Car feels pretty strong. Washed it today and it is sitting in the garage.

I am about worn out. Long day and I need some sleep. Going to go watch the video for my car and get some sleep.

More later on the 2002 Z06.

D.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Jerboa,

Thanks for the great description of the factory layout. I received a personal call from GM plant today... they now suspect my car will be late weds to early thurs ...coming off the line. I'm scheduled to leave BG on wed nite. Really looking forward to this trip! Mark:D :D

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Rick Daniel said:
DAM what a beautiful car. It had the black int. and was bought by a customer from Tx. The car was on order for about 10 weeks and is the first to come to our dearlership. I need a better camera to take pics of these cars so I can post them on my web page. IMHO This color and car is the big daddy of them all. No offence to the other colors but this one is hard to beat. And going by the poll I have been running on my Forum most agree.:D
Rick, what can I say, other than, you have great taste!
http://montelo.com/z06/z06.htm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts