Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spoken with my 'big simulator' contacts and they will run LS6 simulations for me if I create the model (that's the time consuming part).

Because we already know how the actual engine performs and have a lot of dyno data, creating an accurate model won't be too difficult.

A good simulator will give answers to questions like "what if the exhaust crossover gets moved back 12?" "What if you advance the cam?" "What if you increase the intake plenum volume?" Etc.

Creating the model requires a fair bit of information..

The most important:

Head flow data. Does anyone have access to intake and exhaust flow curves for the LS6 heads?

Cam data. GM has kindly released a graph that gives the info, but turning it into a table will be tedious. This usually obtained directly from the cam with a device called a Cam Dr.

Anyone have contacts who can help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They certainly do, and I will give them a try. But it isn't clear that they will share that info.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Nick at Agostino Racing Engine's will surely give you his flow data on a stock LS6 head.

Check out www.agostino-racing.com for contact info....Nick's a great guy, very easy to talk with, very helpful!

·
Registered
396 Posts
. LS6 valve lift is .525-in., intake, and .525-in., exhaust,
compared to .500/.500 for the MY00, Y-car, LS1 profile.
Measured at .050-in. tappet lift, LS6 intake duration is 204° and exhaust is 211°.
The LS1 for MY00 was 198°/208°. The LS6 lobe centers are 116° apart
where as LS1 has them at 115.5°. At .050-in. tappet lift, both cams have
no overlap, but at .005 lift, LS6 overlap is 45° and LS1, 49°.

I will have to find the Flow numbers for you. Its somewhere around here.

Hopes this helps

PS do a search I think I posted the flow numbers before on another thread.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the recommendations, guys.

BADASSZ06, thanks for the numbers. But for an accurate simulation, I need the full flow curve and the full cam profile.

·
Registered
396 Posts
BK I use to have a program that would give the timing events for a cam profile but that was 2 computers ago. I will see if I can find it. Im not sure if this is what you are looking for. But I would bet DRM would have data on the LS6 cam. The flow numbers from agosto are:

.200 154
.300 204
.350 220
.400 235
.450 247
.500 257
.550 263
.600 265

all @ 28. Im not sure if they converted it to 28 from 25 or measured at 28. This may not be as accurate as you need but worth a shot.

good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts