Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Zaino Z6 gloss enhancer essentially the same as the commercially available detailing sprays?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
NO! They are very different...not necessarily better, just different. Some of the brands that advertise "WET" look, just do not do the job as well as the better products out there. Choose your detail spay based upon your car color, paint condition, personal likes/dislikes, and most of all recommendations and observations of other car owners.

They are kind of like vodka's. They all do the job :drunken: but taste very different. It depends on what you like. For me it is:
1. ZAINO - KETTLE ONE
2. ADAMS - GREY GOOSE
3. GLIPTONE - ABSOLUTE

·
Registered
808 Posts
Golffox said:
NO! They are very different...not necessarily better, just different. Some of the brands that advertise "WET" look, just do not do the job as well as the better products out there. Choose your detail spay based upon your car color, paint condition, personal likes/dislikes, and most of all recommendations and observations of other car owners.
Couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
What Golffox said, I didn't know you could drink it though. Shaken not stirred I presume. :drunk:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm currently use everything Zaino and I like it...just a pain to order the spray as often as I use it.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Zaino so far is my favorite. Mequires for some reason shows streaks on my black Z, but it's OK to use on my white Tahoe. Mothers product works well for me on both vehicles but I like the sprayer on the Zaino better. :z:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have found that I like Meguiars, but after a while it tends to leave streaks on the Lemans blue when it is humid :( . May have to start looking for a new spray.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The Meguiars is like a watered down version of the NXT wax no?

Both the Zaino and Adam's sprays impressed me. They leave the paint feeling waxed ad glossy. I have noticed on the follow up wash, that the Adams Spray Detailer does an excellent job of not rubbing the wax off....still beads like a mofo.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Try the new Zaino Z8 spray, it blows them all away! It leaves shine that nothing will stick to. :thumb: And it smells good enough to drink, hmmm, :idea: :drunken: :screwy: :D

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Bad Machine said:
Try the new Zaino Z8 spray, it blows them all away! It leaves shine that nothing will stick to. :thumb: And it smells good enough to drink, hmmm, :idea: :drunken: :screwy: :D
What makes the Z8 spray better than the Z6? I tried the "new/improved" Z2 and it doesn't look any better than the old Z2....probably the same stuff. I hate to throw any more money away on Zaino product just to try it and be disappointed. Gave most of my other Zaino containers to the neighbor kids to use on their bikes. :roll:

Bob

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
rpallas said:
What makes the Z8 spray better than the Z6? I tried the "new/improved" Z2 and it doesn't look any better than the old Z2....probably the same stuff. I hate to throw any more money away on Zaino product just to try it and be disappointed. Gave most of my other Zaino containers to the neighbor kids to use on their bikes. :roll:

Bob
:lol:

I use the Meguiar's and Pinnacle. I will be trying the Adam's when I run out of the stuff I have.

Alex

·
Registered
90 Posts
Currently I have Zymol, MequiresNXT and Mothers detail sprays on my detail shelf. They all are effective, but if I had to rate them, I'd say I like the Zymol least, the mequires next, and the Mothers the best. The mothers seems to add the most 'pizazz' and smells awesome, like cinnimon. Again, they all do a good job, and I can only give my opinion, and only on electron blue. I too love the Zaino stuff, just too hard to get. I've been using the NXT line for a while now, LOVE the liquid polymer wax, but I think, for detail spray, I honestly like the Mothers results best.

·
Registered
736 Posts
The Z6 is more of a quick detailer, one of the best I ever used I might add. The Z8 is more of a gloss enhancer/spray sealant, and again, one of the best I have ever used. :usa:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
I was using Zymol, but came upon the Turtle Wax green bottle ...
Works well and smells good too.

·
Registered
874 Posts
rpallas said:

Bob
I guess its a matter of opinion, shine is shine they will all make it shine. I base it on how long it will last, and out of everything I have used (at home and in a body shop) Zaino is the only one that will outlast them all! I have used just about all of them. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I don't think all the detailer sprays are the same. So far I'm most impressed with Adams detailer. For me, it beats the piss out of Griots and Turtle Wax's detailer sprays.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Bad Machine said:
I guess its a matter of opinion, shine is shine they will all make it shine. I base it on how long it will last, and out of everything I have used (at home and in a body shop) Zaino is the only one that will outlast them all! I have used just about all of them. :cheers:
:yeadog:
that has been my experience......not knocking any other brand, but Zaino lasts considerably longer IMO

1 - 18 of 18 Posts