Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are some strange things people use to clean their rides. For those of you that are Detail Gods, please give us insight on the products you use and what you think are the best for plastics, leather, glass, rubber, ect. Thanks! :cheers: :z:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
That's easy use Zaino!! They offer a complete line of products :cheers:

·
Registered
573 Posts
ZAINO..is all i use..check this out.thedetailingbible.com :jammin:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Something besides Zaino. Please dont let this turn into one of those "Zaino is the greatest stuff on earth" post's.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dheller1 said:
LOL! Be careful what you ask for in a post, ZAINO :thumb:
Where in the world can you get Zaino without ordering it through the internet? I have never used it because I can't find it anywhere. :-? I am not going to pay for shipping and handeling when I can go down the street and pick up some Meguiar's in a minute. Any Idea?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well you can call them to have it shipped you don't have to use the internet? I guess you could drive over to them to pick it up if you are local...... If you order it once it should last you for at least two seasons, I guess plan ahead, just like keeping extra oil on the shelf for the next oil change....

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
My detailing procedure.

1. Pressure wash the car to remove any standing dust or dirt that might scratch the paint.
  2. Hand wash the car from the top down.
  3. Spray wheels with cleaner and use two different brushes. One for the back side of the wheel and one for the face.
  4. Hose down the wheels
  5. Make sure the car stays wet to avoid streaking.
  6. Towel car down using only 100% cotton towels.
  7. Wipe down door jams, under hood, gas cap area and trunk area. I also wipe down most parts of the engine and engine bay with the wet towel.
  8. Use quick detailer/Z6 on the painted surfaces.
  9. Wipe down wheels with damp towel to avoid spots.
  10. Apply tire gloss.
  11. Clean windows.
  12. Wipe down interior if needed.
  13. Vacuum out interior.
  14. Stand back and watch that baby shine. Bling Bling.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dheller1 said:
Well you can call them to have it shipped you don't have to use the internet? I guess you could drive over to them to pick it up if you are local...... If you order it once it should last you for at least two seasons, I guess plan ahead, just like keeping extra oil on the shelf for the next oil change....
I don' want to order it,would rather find it and go pick it up. You know of any shop's that sell the stuff?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
My detailing procedure.

1. Pressure wash the car to remove any standing dust or dirt that might scratch the paint.
  2. Hand wash the car from the top down.
  3. Spray wheels with cleaner and use two different brushes. One for the back side of the wheel and one for the face.
  4. Hose down the wheels
  5. Make sure the car stays wet to avoid streaking.
  6. Towel car down using only 100% cotton towels.
  7. Wipe down door jams, under hood, gas cap area and trunk area. I also wipe down most parts of the engine and engine bay with the wet towel.
  8. Use quick detailer/Z6 on the painted surfaces.
  9. Wipe down wheels with damp towel to avoid spots.
  10. Apply tire gloss.
  11. Clean windows.
  12. Wipe down interior if needed.
  13. Vacuum out interior.
  14. Stand back and watch that baby shine. Bling Bling.

Good routine
That's close in what I do, except I do #13 first because I use an electric vacuum. I also go easy on #1, I don't want to force or embed any dirt into the finish. :z:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sorry i dont. i just call give cc wait 3 days and it's in

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
I don' want to order it,would rather find it and go pick it up. You know of any shop's that sell the stuff?
It only takes about 3 days to get your phone order. Besides if you have any specific questions, it's nice to be able to talk to an expert. :roll:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Zaino is only available via internet/phone orders, it is not sold through any retail outlets that I know of.

Mark

·
Registered
141 Posts
Zaino has the best products I've ever used and I have tried just about everything you can buy in an Autoparts store. There isn't anything that can compare in the durability of Zaino that I have ever tried. If you check out there site, there claims seem to good to be true (kind of like an infomercial) but this is not the case. They live up to the hype!

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
PYLE, wish I would have known you wanted that Zaino stuff. After recently trying the Adams products, I gave all my Zaino away to the neighbor kids to use on their bikes! :yeadog: Zaino is good for lighter colors, but on black, it makes the shine look shallow and plastic-like. I've been detailing for over 40 years and have used everything on the market. I like the Adams cleaner/polishes the best....and their Detailing Spray is awesome! :thumb: I don't know Adam or have any stock in the company. Good luck. ;)

Bob

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Everything Norman said plus...In addition I blow dry the car right after the wash using a 205MPH Craftsman leaf blower to get water out of mirrors, emblems, taillights, tires, rims, calipers, license plate frame, window seals, etc. Then I use 2-3 soft Cannon Made in USA Cotton towels to dry the body after the leaf blower. I use Q-Tips to get inside the emblems, Easy-Off on the INSIDE of the tailpipes (Only the inside and DO NOT get any on the paint at all and avoid getting any on the outside of the tailpipe tips.) Once every few months I remove all four wheels, apply a silicone based cleaner to the wheel wells, and clean the rim insides and out.

I'll scrub the calipers with a light spray of "Greased Lightning" and a soft bristle brush to get off caked on brake dust. I'll tape off the the rotors and spray the centers with high heat bright enamel black spray paint. I have also wire wheeled and spray painted the inside of the rim at the stud opening to remove rust, but do not have that problem anymore with the Chrome rims.
BEFORE

AFTER

I have removed the tail lens and license plate in order to get trapped dirt and stains.

I know it sounds insane, :screwy: but it actually is the opposite. It is therapy and keeps me sane. You'd never guess I am the manager for Quality Assurance where I work :rofl:
I do have 10,000 miles on the car so I do drive the car as well as enjoy cleaning the car. And lot's of ZAINO :jammin: THE FINISHED PRODUCT

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
These things really suck, about 30" of hose and great attachments. Always plugged in and ready to go.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts