Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welllll, in another thread, I kinda volunteered to send my detailing stuff to BG (Porter Cable, pads, polish, etc. etc.) Anybody interested in learning how to do this stuff? Bring your own Zaino, be willing to WORK, and you could go home with a MUCH nicer looking ride.... :yeadog:
Oh ya plan on buying me beer too... :cheers: :drunken:
Bill

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
bigcat39 said:
Welllll, in another thread, I kinda volunteered to send my detailing stuff to BG (Porter Cable, pads, polish, etc. etc.) Anybody interested in learning how to do this stuff? Bring your own Zaino, be willing to WORK, and you could go home with a MUCH nicer looking ride.... :yeadog:
Oh ya plan on buying me beer too... :cheers: :drunken:
Bill
Bill, I'm gonna sticky this here in the Fest section so that it gets some attention.
I might be willing to take you up on your detailing proposition myself.

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Hummmmnnnn ... mebbe I can get my porter cable that my son "gave me as a gift" some time ago back from him ... (I've never used it) and you can show me how! :idea: Lessee, that would have to be some time between DE, autox, road tour, plant tour, seminars ... :yeadog: but I can multitask, so I can drink beer and detail concurrently. :D

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Hey I have been looking for a good detailer as well. I am ready to learn what stuff do you want us to bring?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Very Nice gesture :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
blkZ06 said:
uhhhh YEH!

let me use Norman's NEW C6 as the demo car for learning how to use the porter cable:rofl:

Cute Leslie :lol: :lol: Maybe he can bring Ralph again and he can buff Norm's car :thumb:

Rob

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
blkZ06 said:
Norm, PLeeeeze tell me you aren't bringing your buddy :bang:
I haven't talked to him since I chewed his ass and told him to get lost. He's divorced now and I think he had to sell his cars and his house. I hear it thru the grape vine.

On another note, I hope I won't be driving the C6 to the fest. :p

I'll text him and give him Leslie's phone number. :p

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I'll text him and give him Leslie's phone number. :p[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

She'll love you for that Norm :yeadog:

Rob

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeah Norm...bring Ralph....
:lol: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

He can initiate the "rookies"

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Yeah, Norm, bring Ralph along, I will have my hockey sticks at the ready...

Mark

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Make sure you are ready for the avalanche!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leslie set up a detailing adventure with some locals last year, and their work/price was fantastic!! :thumb:
They were not prepared (staffed) for the 'one day' volume that was thrust upon them!! :eek:o:
If you can detail 30+ cars on Thur before 2:00PM your book will be filled Wed night!! You may have the same quantity for Fri but last year it was an 8 hr tsunami and since people were turned away, the aftershock wave never came in!!

Just be ready before you commit!!
Ken

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Kens06 said:
Make sure you are ready for the avalanche!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leslie set up a detailing adventure with some locals last year, and their work/price was fantastic!! :thumb:
They were not prepared (staffed) for the 'one day' volume that was thrust upon them!! :eek:o:
If you can detail 30+ cars on Thur before 2:00PM your book will be filled Wed night!! You may have the same quantity for Fri but last year it was an 8 hr tsunami and since people were turned away, the aftershock wave never came in!!

Just be ready before you commit!!
Ken
yeh I felt bad for those guys, they worked their butts off detailing vettes, and they did a very nice job on the cars they got to:thumb:

I would think those that are doing the HPDE on Wed are gonna be first in line for the orbitals :rofl:

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmmm..... Ya well hard work never killed anyone! How's about some volunteers? Oh ya, and if you want your car done, washing and claying is on YOU. I would like to get the max amount of cars done. Sounds like there is gonna be 3 Porter Cable's there.....

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I can bring mine as well, that makes four...

Mark

1 - 20 of 31 Posts