Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new option has arisen for those not able to buy the new Z, and it may be a better choice. According to the new Motor Trend, MTI has available an upgrade for the C6 Z51 called the Devil Ray. For just under $24k MTI rebuilds the LS2 to a 427 putting out 600bhp and adds a few suspension tweaks. I paid $42k for my LMB Z51, which brings me to $66 total. Seems like the Z is trumped even without the dealer gouging. Supposing the Z still has better track manners I do not imagine 99% of buyers will even challenge the Z51's ability. Advantage MTI.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
TacDoc said:
A new option has arisen for those not able to buy the new Z, and it may be a better choice. According to the new Motor Trend, MTI has available an upgrade for the C6 Z51 called the Devil Ray. For just under $24k MTI rebuilds the LS2 to a 427 putting out 600bhp and adds a few suspension tweaks. I paid $42k for my LMB Z51, which brings me to $66 total. Seems like the Z is trumped even without the dealer gouging. Supposing the Z still has better track manners I do not imagine 99% of buyers will even challenge the Z51's ability. Advantage MTI.
Is that 600 at the crank? I wonder how much it would take to bring the C6Z06 up to that number? We are looking at "only" 95 HP. Cam, Headers, Intake, exhaust system to ring up the 600 figure? Time will tell. Of course that's on top of 66.8K if you can buy one for that.

D.J.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
nyuaznguy said:
what about manufacturer's warranty? I doubt MTI will cover that.
Nope - MTI will cover their part, the manufacturer theirs.

As far as I know, all non-nitrous n/a setups from MTI have warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts