Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to post this in another section, but I think it's better suited here. You can see my mods in my signature and these questions are for LS1 edit tuners. You guys are far more knowledgable than any other resource I've had and I've generally picked my parts based on what I've seen a lot of you do :z: . The A/F ratio's are about dialed in, but I have to bring it back to fix these two issues. So, here goes!

Question 1: The car has a hot restart idle problem. I've heard that you can drill a hole in the throttle body or use the LS1 edit to open it up a bit for idle, but why is it that it idles beautifully when it's warm, then if I turn if off and then turn it back on, it has a problem finding idle :bang: ? What can I do to relieve this?

Question 2: The check engine light is on and it shows a error code 300, I believe. I've heard that you have to turn something off w/ the LS1 edit because with this cam, it'll always think it's misfiring. If that's correct, what switch do I need to turn off?

Any assistance would be great, I'm going to bring the car back to the tuner on Friday.

Thanks!

Also, on another note, my friend had to drive it back from the tuner last time because I had to work and had about the most unbelievable day I've ever heard of. In that two hour drive, he managed to race a Corvette Grand Sport, a Porsche GT3, a Camaro, a Firebird, a supercharged Mustang, and two WRX Sti's. He also pulled next to Jack Osbourne on Sunset Blvd and he gave a thumbs up to the car! He got more races in one day then I have in months. Anyways, you guys will be glad to know that when I asked how the car did, he replied "It was like being in an ass kicking contest with a one legged man..."!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't have those heads but I have that cam, my favorite attribute of that cam is that I kept the idle at 825 and that makes the cam sound bigger than it really is :D
If yours is idling that high, you need a tune, before I got a tune mine didnt even idle that bad. On hot starts it did always die though.
Now on hot starts, I just give it some gas and make it idle for about 5 seconds at 1,200-1,500 rpm, then let it idle by itself, it returns to normal ilde speed, I'm not sure there is any way around that. I would only drill a hole as a last resort, it really shouldn't be needed for that cam.
Let me know how much power you made with the heads.

A tuner can turn off the misfire code permanently, that is normal with a cam according to the guy who tuned mine.

Dave

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
You do NOT need to drill a hole. I have a larger cam, AFR heads and 90mm Fast manifold and 90mm TB and you can get it to idle and start great with a good tuner and Edit. Been there done that!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate your guys input. I'm going back to the tuners on Friday and he's supposed to remedy this stuff, I'll let you know how it goes!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
As long as your tuner adds 2 deg to all points 400 to 1000 RPM, .08 to .32 g/sec and increases the first 3 columns in the ve table you should be good on idle.
I got rid of my hot starts by bringing up the airlow vs throttle postion in the 0-13.5% range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts