Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine Light came on today while cruising on the freeway.
DIC then displayed:
- Reduced Engine Power
- Service Traction Control
- Service Active Handling

I could feel almost no power...also the car was kind of surging, even at Idle, engine was reving at 1400rpm sometimes.

I stopped and after an hour or so, drove the car back home: above symptoms on and off...eventually only the Check Engine light remained and I made it home safe...

I recently had a Vortex CAI installed and the car tuned...could it be related? I drove the car quite hard a couple of times after it and it was fine...i noticed a gain in 1st and 2d but also noticed the car was "surging" a little while cruising at 30mph in 4th...(could feel the engine not maintaining a constant power even though my foot was not moving from the gas pedal).

Anyway, I will call my tuner tomorrow morning and probably take the car to my Chevy dealer...
Has anyone experciened this?
Any help here is greatly appreciated!
It was sad to feel the beast on its knees...:((
Thanks!
-Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention that all gages were fine: oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp... all looked normal...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
My guess (and its only a guess) is that, perhaps because of the retune, that the computer is seeing a discrepency between the air flow it expects and what is being measured. Maybe some unmeasured air is leaking past the TB?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
No idea what method or software they used to tune your car, but I'd bet 99% odds it's the fault of your tuner.

Just talk to your tuner (and get the stock tune and your $$$ back), the dealership isn't who to chat with on this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,409 Posts
Look for the simple stuff first - check all connections, especially the connector to the MAF, if that came off it could cause all of what you are describing.

Les



matthieuallie said:
Engine Light came on today while cruising on the freeway.
DIC then displayed:
- Reduced Engine Power
- Service Traction Control
- Service Active Handling

I could feel almost no power...also the car was kind of surging, even at Idle, engine was reving at 1400rpm sometimes.

I stopped and after an hour or so, drove the car back home: above symptoms on and off...eventually only the Check Engine light remained and I made it home safe...

I recently had a Vortex CAI installed and the car tuned...could it be related? I drove the car quite hard a couple of times after it and it was fine...i noticed a gain in 1st and 2d but also noticed the car was "surging" a little while cruising at 30mph in 4th...(could feel the engine not maintaining a constant power even though my foot was not moving from the gas pedal).

Anyway, I will call my tuner tomorrow morning and probably take the car to my Chevy dealer...
Has anyone experciened this?
Any help here is greatly appreciated!
It was sad to feel the beast on its knees...:((
Thanks!
-Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
This is more than likely a 1514 code. This relates to the Maf seeing more air than the stock program is ready to handle. Every now and then I see this after the installation of a cold air induction. The 1514 table just needs to be bumped
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how do i put the DIC in diagnostics mode?
How do I clear the codes?
Can I just disconnect the negative battery connector for a min?
thx for ur help!
-Matt
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
21,250 Posts
Antivenom said:
This is more than likely a 1514 code. This relates to the Maf seeing more air than the stock program is ready to handle. Every now and then I see this after the installation of a cold air induction. The 1514 table just needs to be bumped
:yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:

Had it happen to me 3 different times at the Fest this year. In my case, if I turned the car off for a few minutes, cleared the code and then restarted, it would go away.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, thanks! Here r the codes:

PCM:
P1515
P1516

TCS:
C1221
C1222
C1248
C1278

SDM:
U1040

IPC:
U1255
U1016
U1064
U1040
U1160
U1176
U1088

RADIO:
U1064
U1096
U1016


I guess the PCM are the culprit...pls confirm
will call my tuner this monrning!

thx for support guys!
-Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
good luck getting your ride back in stride! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,409 Posts
How many of these codes have a "H" on the end (history)? I bet many of these are "old" and recommend you clear out all codes as a first order of business. I don't see anything here that would have created the reduced power - but maybe others here have a better idea??

The PCM codes have to do with throttle position.

Most of the TCS codes have to do with wheel sensor errors.

The SDM code was loss of signal to the TCS - prbly tied to the TCS codes.

IPC: Instrument Panel Cluster - looks like you had a power failure at one point for all of these codes.

The U 1064 and 1096 codes are right door loss of signal to the PCM.

Les


matthieuallie said:
OK, thanks! Here r the codes:

PCM:
P1515
P1516

TCS:
C1221
C1222
C1248
C1278

SDM:
U1040

IPC:
U1255
U1016
U1064
U1040
U1160
U1176
U1088

RADIO:
U1064
U1096
U1016


I guess the PCM are the culprit...pls confirm
will call my tuner this monrning!

thx for support guys!
-Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,014 Posts
Don't worry about all the codes. If your car checks out fine then its the intake and have the tuner tweak the a/f ratio. You can reset this condition while moving so practice in the garage in case it happens on the freeway. Had it happen many times while driving. goodluck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks robz and Les!
after resetting all the codes, car runs fine for a short time and then DIC msgs pop up again and i only can drive 15mph or so...
it seems to come on when i vary throttle position (like if i have to stop at a light)...at constant speed it seems better....
going to my tuner at noon!
wish me luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, it turned out to be the air bridge (Breathless Perf. Carbon Air Bridge): this crap was full of holls and would let some air out! we put the sotck air bridge back and she is running just fine!
My tuner will get a new air bridge and re tune the car afterwards.
This air bridge costs $200 and the fit and finish (from inside) is really poor!!! unbelievebale! seems like carbon cracks easily!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top