Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a recall on my 04 Z the other day for lower control arm washer. Did one else get one?

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
No recall notice received. WTF ??

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes I got one too. I think it is only for certain production numbers. I was on GMLink and knew about it before it came, but it specified on GMLink that it was only vettes built before a certain date that needed to heed the recall. I am guessing if you got the notice you need it fixed. MyGMLink says that it was for production cars from January 8th, 2004 through April 20th, 2004 that are affected. You MAY have the suspect washers if your car was built on or between these dates. It says not all cars built between these dates have the weak washers, but its best to check to be sure! :z:

·
Registered
96 Posts
vettemann7 said:
Yes I got one too. I think it is only for certain production numbers. I was on GMLink and knew about it before it came, but it specified on GMLink that it was only vettes built before a certain date that needed to heed the recall. I am guessing if you got the notice you need it fixed. MyGMLink says that it was for production cars from January 8th, 2004 through April 20th, 2004 that are affected. You MAY have the suspect washers if your car was built on or between these dates. It says not all cars built between these dates have the weak washers, but its best to check to be sure! :z:
:yeadog:
That's it.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so I'm guessing that it's probably not safe to drive the car till it's looked at

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
my z16 was built during that time, should i park it and wait for the recall notice? is it safe to drive?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just called the dealership. They said that it's not a saftey issue and that I can still drive the car

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Had the washer recall done about a month after I got the car and it took about an hour at the dealership to replace all of them. Have not received any other recalls (column lock etc) since buying the car in May 04. :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Yep I got that one... Seemed like a good excuse to take it to 21st Century Muscle Cars and get all new poly suspension put in!!!

Chris

·
Registered
361 Posts
How do you access "GMlink" to check this? I have done 4 DE's in my car, and it was built in April of '04, but I don't remember getting a notice.

I don't want a track incident due to a .5 cent part.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
I was told that it is only early 04 :ity:

I have not gotten the notice :ity:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I got one today about the electronic column lock. I guess it is safe to assume that my '02 predates the washer problem. Thanks for sharing the info with us though. :z:

·
Registered
311 Posts
jnjboc said:
How do you access "GMlink" to check this? I have done 4 DE's in my car, and it was built in April of '04, but I don't remember getting a notice.

I don't want a track incident due to a .5 cent part.

thanks.

You just go to www.MyGMLink.com and then click on register. After you fill in the few questions it will take you to a main page where you can input your VIN. Putting it in helps them know the specifics of your car and you will see recall messages on your home page when they are announced. Hope that explains it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Got the notice for my '04 MS Z06. I'll take it in to my dealer at the end of the month.

We were doing "parade" laps at Daytona in Feb (115 mph)

Glad we didn't know about the recall then!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well...took the car to the dealship today. They said that they would have to replace two bushing in the rear but do not know exactly where. Of course, parts had to be ordered

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
This was done on my Z16 Z06 2004 before I took delivery.
This recall has been around since last year around Nov-Dec.

-Bill. :eek:o:

Applies to all Z06's after certain vin#

1 - 20 of 21 Posts