Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I install my rotors correctly?
I am being told that my Drill/slots are back-wards. I installed them not looking at the drill/slotts, but by the "VEINS". I installed them with the veins facing the same way as the stock ones were facing.

When I say veins, I mean the slots/fins in the middle of the rotor. I hope I am explaining it correctly.

·
Registered
670 Posts
It looks like that's the right rear of your car by jack location and caliper orientation, but you can't tell rotor direction by the slots and holes. The vanes should pull the air from the center of the rotor to the outside. Try here:

http://www.stoptech.com/faq/data/faq16.html

Looking a your pic though it does appear to be backwards. Maybe the original rotors were on incorrectly. :crazy: Normally the slots lead into the pad from the outside of the rotor and exit the pad at the inside diameter.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I can't really tell from the photo. Here is the easy way to check. Look straight down at your rotors. The "vanes" inside the rotor should point to the rear of the car. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Subdriver said:
I can't really tell from the photo. Here is the easy way to check. Look straight down at your rotors. The "vanes" inside the rotor should point to the rear of the car. :cheers:

Thanks for "ALL" the input. :yeadog:

Subdriver the vanes do point to the rear of the car, Installation was correct! :coo:

P.S. Like I said I copied the direction of the stock "vanes" they pointed to the rear also.

Thanks again,
M.O.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Additionally, not all aftermarket rotors are slotted the same direction. I just installed a set on a vert. I don't know who's rotors they were but when installed correctly, the slots were machined opposite of my Baer rotors.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Morzoff, what make of rotors are these?
I just installed Baer's which look much different. Very curious.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Morzoff said:
Thanks for "ALL" the input. :yeadog:

Subdriver the vanes do point to the rear of the car, Installation was correct! :coo:

P.S. Like I said I copied the direction of the stock "vanes" they pointed to the rear also.

Thanks again,
M.O.
My pleasure. Glad you got them on right. Big pain to take them off and do them again. Not that I've ever done that... :roll:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Red Kelly said:
Morzoff, what make of rotors are these?
I just installed Baer's which look much different. Very curious.

Red kelly,
These are Brembo rotors, drilled/slotted by Nate at corvette garage. I then had the hat's powered coated black.

See Ya,
Mike

·
Registered
299 Posts
Nice rotors and they do look correct. What about those rubber brake lines? The good steel ones will really improve the peddle.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Morzoff said:
Red kelly,
These are Brembo rotors, drilled/slotted by Nate at corvette garage. I then had the hat's powered coated black.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike, that was a smart move. I bought some used rotors a year ago and was told they were Baer Eradispeed rotors. I bought a new set direct from Baer only to discover after removing my used rotors the Baers are much heavier. 4 lbs each heavier in the front and 1 lb each heavier in the rear That's 10 pounds of added weight :flaming:

Do these rotors make me look fat :zboobie:

·
Registered
88 Posts
ELF Z06 said:
Nice rotors and they do look correct. What about those rubber brake lines? The good steel ones will really improve the peddle.
I too am interested in those steel lines. I have read and heard of Z owners having leaking issues with the banjos of the steel lines. What is a reputable brand to buy? I had steel lines on my last car, and felt the difference right away playing in the mtns of N. GA! :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
the rotors look great man! :yeadog: I too have these and decided to paint the hats gloss black to match the body. I have taken them into the mtns and they made a good difference. I drive pretty hard in the turns........ :thumb: :jammin:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
02BlackZ06 said:
I too am interested in those steel lines. I have read and heard of Z owners having leaking issues with the banjos of the steel lines. What is a reputable brand to buy? I had steel lines on my last car, and felt the difference right away playing in the mtns of N. GA! :D

I was thinking about up grading the lines, any good brands?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.