Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Did the dyno today

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Lambinator 
#1 ·
A bunch of Detroit guys went to the dyno today. We also had a turbo Firehawk show up that had 586HP!!!! WOW!

My sheet (all stock, SAE corrected):

My pix:

Also tried bolting on a better filter (the numbers were WORSE, but no relearn)

Other pix:

It was a good time - for those of you that missed it - :cry:

See less See more
#2 ·
Lamb, looks like you're right where you should be at the peaks if you assume the 15% loss factor. What's with the crooked snorkel alignment? A dyno test with that jog in the accordion piece might have hurt your results somewhat, but at least you
know where you started before your next set of mods.

#4 ·
dsinned said:
Lamb, looks like you're right where you should be at the peaks if you assume the 15% loss factor. What's with the crooked snorkel alignment? A dyno test with that jog in the accordion piece might have hurt your results somewhat, but at least you
know where you started before your next set of mods.
Crooked snorkel alignment was us being lazy and just doing a quick filter swap...I suppose between that and not doing any relearn I might have lost some potential improvement, but I expected to see some improvement no matter what. I actually lost 6hp.:(

#10 ·
Wow, I guess that Firehawk belongs to Harlan, the guy who pulled a Bike. The video is floating around somewhere in the CF.

What was the temperature that day? I think the way you have the intake crooked like that, cost you some HP. The air supposed to enter the throttle body as straight as possible without turbulence.

#11 ·
Yep it was Harlan's Firehawk....badass ride! He's making some of his shiftlights for us :cool:

Yeah the numbers I posted are with the stock filter - see above for explaination on the crooked pics.

ddle said:
Wow, I guess that Firehawk belongs to Harlan, the guy who pulled a Bike. The video is floating around somewhere in the CF.

What was the temperature that day? I think the way you have the intake crooked like that, cost you some HP. The air supposed to enter the throttle body as straight as possible without turbulence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.