Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember how there was supposed to be a big surprise that none of us knew when the Z06 was released?

Did anything ever come of that?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
The suprise is that the new Z's will be on the lot's for months before they release the price. :mah:

·
Registered
996 Posts
The way I remember it, there never was a GM announcement about a big surprise...

It was more public hysteria, starting with people saying "boy, I hope there's a big surprise because what got shown of the C6 Z06 ain't impressing me" and degenerated all the way to "Hey! GM hinted at a big surprise!!!".

It's pretty funny, if you have read all vette sites (z06vette, corvetteforum, digitalcorvette, etc.), you could track the bullshit people were making (consciously or not) as they did...

Actually, that's kind of sad :(

Geoff

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
If I remember correctly...Rick Daniels started the "surprise" story, and we're still waiting for the 2nd surprise.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Zippy said:
If I remember correctly...Rick Daniels started the "surprise" story, and we're still waiting for the 2nd surprise.
exactly.

And I think the 2nd surprise will be a $10,000 dealer markup on every car. :(

·
Registered
240 Posts
surprise is, z06 msrp will be 59,999k ...that would be hell awa surprise...

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Zippy said:

You are Zackly Right Zippy (you should have a Yoda title too)
And it would be a suprise if the MSRP only went up 8K...While we do all appreciate the increase in HP and technology How much more can GM elevate the Corvette and have it still be attainable by us mortals. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
26 Posts
itsaz said:
Yeah, the surprise is when GM will release the price and allocations. :mah:
I just found out about allocations- I was told the first cars would be delivered in July. The top 25 dealers will get 1 each. The next shipment(the next month) the top 75 will get one. Now i don't know if that means 1-25 will get another or the next 75 dealers will get one.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Rolaids or Tums????

The surprise was the indigestion you got later on the price. Well, my 429 C5 Z06 is now worth a bit more. My guess with mark-up, look close too 100k when they first come out. :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
proexpert said:
Hello Rick D ... step up to the plate and tell us your story about this issue, please.
He's still trying to think something up to CYA :z:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Come on guys - it was the new GM badge!!!!

chris

·
Registered
670 Posts
coopz06 said:
The surprise is an extra 5hp in 06 and no additional hp upgrades in the future.

CoopZ06
Yep, it's official. C6 Z06 "505" horsepower! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts