Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That the SN#00001 1999 FRC had cloth inserts in the seats?

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fcalmes said:
And did you know there is a Black '99 FRC Z06 sitting in a certain shop in Cleveland?? :D
And there is a MY one in the rafters at the plant unless they moved it to the NCM, hopefully they will pull it out for the Fest. :D

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
That's interesting Frank. What was the reasoning for that, and why didn't it go to production? And due to curiosity, further, does anyone have a picture or series of pictures, exterior and interior of number 1?

·
Registered
575 Posts
When I first saw a ZO6 hidden on the assembly line 1 year before the intro (we didn't know exactly what it was at the time) the 6 cars sprinkled throughout the line had cloth inserts. That didn't make it and neither did the little winglets up front. I remember telling people that the exhaust was TI and they called me crazy. "NO WAY", TOO EXPENSIVE"....HAH!!!! Spotted red calipers and an engine that was (so a guy on the line told me) close to 400hp. Noticed the screens up front and the air intakes behind the door. We were not sure if those were to cool the tranny or cool the brakes.
Think I need another trip to the assembly plant...they doing tours again??? :D
Bob

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
fcalmes said:
And did you know there is a Black '99 FRC Z06 sitting in a certain shop in Cleveland?? :D
Must be the one at M's house.

Pat :p

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I had heard somewhere that the 99 HT was supposed to take the place of the Camaro and be in the very low 30s with cloth seats and roll up windows. Anybody else hear about that?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Rick Daniel said:
I had heard somewhere that the 99 HT was supposed to take the place of the Camaro and be in the very low 30s with cloth seats and roll up windows. Anybody else hear about that?
Yes. That would be the "Billy Bob" version that they originally had in mind. I'm not so sure it would've replaced the F-body in the end because that would piss off 'Vette owners imo. BTW, after some research, they found that it would be more profitable to build what they did. I'm sure they got a bunch more customers because of the creature comforts. I think there was another reason for the design change but I can't recall. I'm pretty sure it was production cost...anyone know any more about this?

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts