Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you will leave your Z06, 100% original? I'm talking about the real purist, who would not even add something as minor as an interior waterfall emblem.
I do not fall in that extreme category, but any modification that I may make to the car, will be reversable.

carzzy

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
carzzy said:
How many of you will leave your Z06, 100% original? I'm talking about the real purist, who would not even add something as minor as an interior waterfall emblem.
I do not fall in that extreme category, but any modification that I may make to the car, will be reversable.

carzzy
I have all my parts I have taken off in a box, does that count? :lol:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
To each,his own

I too save all the "old parts",but cutting out the rollbar I just welded in Friday would be real tough :eek: . I am really surprised by how many people on this site are modifying there cars. A far cry from the norm( as far as Corvette people go...and I don't mean that badly). I took my Flared wheel-well, 66 Big Block,tilt nose Coupe to a NCRS event( in 1986) and I thought most of the owners there were going to have a fit( I ruined a good car!)as they rolled their cars out of WellsCargo trailers onto astro-turf! ""To each, his own" :cheers:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Mine is bone stock and will remain that way. I bought it for a daily driver and don't want to do anything to it. I sold a 94 Camaro just prior to buying my Z. It was supercharged, intercooled, nitrous injected and had a fully forged bottom end. That car became a serious maintainence issue. When I sold it, it was perfect but getting it there was no easy task. That is the reason I decided to buy another turn key, fast, warranteed car.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
Mine is bone stock and will remain that way. I bought it for a daily driver and don't want to do anything to it. I sold a 94 Camaro just prior to buying my Z. It was supercharged, intercooled, nitrous injected and had a fully forged bottom end. That car became a serious maintainence issue. When I sold it, it was perfect but getting it there was no easy task. That is the reason I decided to buy another turn key, fast, warranteed car.
That is why I am sticking to "bolt ons" generally they do not cause major problems, and the warranty stays in tact.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
:) I too will refrain from mods that can not be reversed. I bought this car to keep for many many years and it will have a pampered life, but mods are coming and they will only be reversable. Luckily for me I have other daily drivers and this is my "selfish" car and I like them as close to original as possible. Others can do whatever they want with their cars as this is AMERICA and we have the freedom of choice! :) Bill :cheers:

·
Registered
945 Posts
All my mods will be coming off, and sold ( unless they can be used on the next one) to recoup some money and the car will be sold like she was when I bought it. One of my last C5's had a PTC supercharged and intercooled monster motor in it. It was awesome. What wasn't awesome was losing all that hard earned cash when I sold it, as I got nothing near what I had put into it.
:(

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I am not sure how much I am going to do either... sometimes I think "nothing" and sometimes I contemplate having a "super-tuner" go to it.

The car is fun to drive "as is." And it is hard to really stretch its legs in stock form let alone modified.

Time will tell...

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Only easily reversible mods for me. The good thing is that you can get some serious horsepower out of a few easily reversible mods without affecting its reliability or worrying about warranty issues.

·
Registered
176 Posts
same here, any mods i've done or are planning on doing will be removable and able to put back to as-was condition. I spent considerable time and money searching for NOS parts to restore my '67 goat back to original, and it's worth considerably more now that it is, and places higher in shows. But I enjoy doing mods as well, evidenced by my tunnel rammed 502 GMC sprint. Best of both worlds, you might say.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Mods...

Will do CAGS, a billet badge, and a new shifter knob for sure.

Would like to eventually do a B& M Ripper and K&N filter too.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Rather simple and reversible items, a Hurst shifter, a new shift knob, a Halltech T-1, and then cosmetic changes like the lettering kits, chrome wheels, exhaust plate. Nothing major...

Mark

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Carzzy,

Luv my Stratmosphere mats and Corvette Armor. Plan to get a fuel bib and some kind of useful cup holder. That's about it.

To each his own. I love to read about other member's mod's. The thought of driving a 450RWHP Z excites me. It also scares me. The one thing I can't seem to get used to is how fast things happen at 3/4 throttle, let alone WOT.

Keep the mod stories coming.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Not sure if I'm going to leave mine stock or not??? For now it is cause I cam'n afford mods at this time:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Well, for Marianne and I, nothing that is permanent or irreversable. The things we are adding or have added just personalize the car enough to distinguish it from the herd, which doesn't really exist anyway:roll: . Decals and badges, sill guards and future mod will be a louder exhaust, which she wants because the "Z" just can't compare to the FRC :cool: ! Granny never ceases to delight me!

Joe :D :D :D :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts