Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the diff and tranny bolts require new crush washers? Are there even washers on there?

On my Honda I have to replace them each time I do fluids, just thought I'd ask before I got under there to do the job. I called the dealer, but he had no idea. :eek:o:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Subw00er said:
Do the diff and tranny bolts require new crush washers? Are there even washers on there?

On my Honda I have to replace them each time I do fluids, just thought I'd ask before I got under there to do the job. I called the dealer, but he had no idea. :eek:o:
On the trans no just tighten it back up it has some sealant on the threads and you can just put it back in even though I used a new magnetic plug this time. On the rear yes use a new one if the old one has been used more then one time as it flattens out. I used a magnetic drain plug for this as well which no longer requires the crush washer it has a rounded end that seals itself. Hope this helps. Don

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so to clarify, the tranny has just the sealant, and the differential has a crush washer? Does anyone have a part # for the washer?

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Subw00er said:
Ok, so to clarify, the tranny has just the sealant, and the differential has a crush washer? Does anyone have a part # for the washer?
Yep on the trans. I don't have the PN for the washer, but the dealer had them in stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts