Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I just got the rear glass replaced on my 2004 Z06. I was wondering, is there any difference between a HT's glass and the Z06 version?--is the Z06 any lighter? If so, how can I tell they put on the right glass for my car?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The rear window on all FRC/Z06's are the same, Just the front windshield is thinner on the 2001 and newer Z06's. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
IT L GO said:
The rear window on all FRC/Z06's are the same, Just the front windshield is thinner on the 2001 and newer Z06's. :cheers:
I defer to your expertise but I was under the impression that ALL the glass on our Z06's is thinner than that of the FRC's and coupes. Is my impression wrong?

Charlie

·
Registered
558 Posts
NYCHASM said:
I defer to your expertise but I was under the impression that ALL the glass on our Z06's is thinner than that of the FRC's and coupes. Is my impression wrong?

Charlie

That was my impression, too.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
I was under the impression only the 2001 Z06 windshield is a thinner piece.

2002 on went to regular Coupe glass.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies guys....

so, anyone can say 100% one way or the other?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Orpheus said:
thanks for the replies guys....

so, anyone can say 100% one way or the other?
I stand by statement that "The rear window on all FRC/Z06's are the same, Just the front windshield is thinner on the 2001 and newer Z06's"

I do agree that the 2001 windshield was a few onces lighter than the 2002 and later Z06's because they were non hud. However the 2002 and later Z06 windshields have a different part number than the coupes and verts windshields. The side glass is all the same. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
IT L GO said:
I stand by statement that "The rear window on all FRC/Z06's are the same, Just the front windshield is thinner on the 2001 and newer Z06's"

I do agree that the 2001 windshield was a few onces lighter than the 2002 and later Z06's because they were non hud. However the 2002 and later Z06 windshields have a different part number than the coupes and verts windshields. The side glass is all the same. :cheers:
Ah -- any word as to whether the C6 Z06 get's this kind of special treatment?

What does that rear hatch weigh? 100lbs? ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts