Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arent some stock Z06s louder then others, I have always been told my Z06 was louder then normal, some think I have an aftermarket exhaust even :-? When it was first new it seemed like there was a whole in the exhaust, I even had the dealer check and they said they saw nothing, but here and there I hear stock Z06s and they're way quieter then mines, maybe that explains that thread I started how come kooks headers and off road x-pipe sounded quieter then my stocker :-? maybe is it that some sound diffrent then others or do I have something wrong with my stock exhaust since new? any ideas?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Yep, 2002 and up are just a little louder. The reason the 2001's had pup cats, which were eliminated on the newer ones. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IT L GO said:
Yep, 2002 and up are just a little louder. The reason the 2001's had pup cats, which were eliminated on the newer ones. :cheers:
I see that point, but I've listened to 02s 03s and 04s and this is where I get the idea I had some diffrence from the beggining, when I start my car it roars and shakes everything, maybe I got blesses with a better cam :lol: could explain the 117 mph in the summer heat bone stock :-? Im changing the headers and x-pipe so that wont problably matter anymore, not that it does anyway, but I was just curious if anyone else had this :eek:o:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Maybe you got engine that was built on Wednesday. They are always faster. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts