Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brand new (48 miles) forged LS6 is blowing the dip stick out. If I hold the rpm's at 3000 for 15-20 seconds (while driving under load) it pops the dip stick and blows oil everywhere. The PCV system is stock and installed correctly. Nothing is plugged.

Are the rings not seating? Am I missing something here? Would a compression test tell me anything?

Dave

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nope, they are not and are letting compression past them. I would think that modern rings seat fairly quick but I'd keep my eye on the dipstick problem. If it continues after 500 or so miles I'd take it back if you havent already. BTW are you NA?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the car is NA. It's a mildly built LS6. Everything is brand new. Stage 2X heads and cam combo. Built for road racing.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Make sure you don't have a turbo or supercharger installed:) J/K. But something is pressurizing the crankcase (severe ring blowby for NA to do this) or you have no breathers/working pcv and the movement of the pistons in the crankcase cause air to compress forcing the air out at the weakest link...ie the dipstick. In a forced induction car this is always bad bad bad news...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts