Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all, I'm finally back in front of a computor to tell my tales. I picked my '02 Z06 up at the NCM on 9-19-01. Drove it nearly 3,000 miles home to Chico, Ca (North of Sacramento.)

The following Wed I drove down to Sac to dyno and drag race the car.

First dyno run the coolant temp was at 225 degrees (95 degree day, and fairly humid as well) and it pulled 332 rwhp and 323 ft lbs. Well that took the wind right out of my sails. So we tried to cool the car down and got it down to 215 degrees (coolant temp) and pulled 343 rwhp and 330 ft lbs. That made me a bit happier. I think a cooler thermo and fan controller will make a big difference, not to mention the TRIC/MAG I have at home :) I was hoping for 350-355 rwhp and 360-365 ft lbs.

So then off to the track. I was hoping to run a 12.5-12.7 @ 114mph First pass was a 12.933 @ 111.240mph with a 2.187 short time. I launced at 3,000 rpms and spun hard, backpedeled and got into it again with wheel hop. Second run I launched at 2,500 rpm and bogged hard and ran 12.982 @ 113.164mph with a 2.258 short time. Third run I launched at 2,700 rpm and spun hard and ran 12.857 @ 113.373mph with a 2.246 short time. Fourth and final run I launched at 2,500 rpm and spun hard and ran 12.804 @ 113.512mph with a 2.149 short time.

So I realized the track was crap that night. There was no magical sweat spot to launch. I need to hit the track on a "good" day, and also a bit cooler. It was 95 degrees and might have cooled off down to 85 degrees and still humid as all heck. (Which all this is weird for Sacramento, except the heat.) I am looking for a pair of front stock rims so I can bolt a pair of 275-40-17 BFG Drag Radials to.

This was all on a stock car with a Ripper Shifter and a shift ball, stock 30psi tire pressure, etc. I'm going to put the 160 thermo and Halltech fan controller on the car and redyno with some good coolant temps (185 or so) and hit the track up that way before the real mods go on.

So I'm disapointed with the numbers, but not with the car. I'm still in love with it :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Get that coolant temp down to 195 and you'll see at least 405HP... 343 is 403.5 right now.

On dyno days I'm never the first one to volunteer to run so I can let my car cool. :)

Also, remember each dyno is different. I read a lot of posts about '01s getting 340-345rwhp but mine got 332. Differenty dynos..different days...etc, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,465 Posts
Don't worry, your just too damn hot.

Keep the A/C on next time to keep the radiator fans on, when you go WOT the compressor shuts off automatically.

One of those 178 degree theromostats and a turning the fans at 190-195 would work real nicely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,616 Posts
HARD BAR SHIFTER "KNOB"

Got my Hard Bar from Shawn @LAPD(One of our vendors) last week. I really liked my old knob, but the plastic insert threads stripped out completely and the damn thing came off in my hand on a hard 2nd to 3rd shift:mad: No, I didn't crash, but I must have looked pretty silly.

At first, I was not impressed with the look of the Hard Bar, but as soon as I started to use it, it really floored me. Now, I just LOVE the feel of it and the "look".

It's fully threaded(almost all of the length of the knob)and screws on. No stupid set screws or plastic sleeves to deal with. This baby will never break or come loose. It's made of some space age super tuff material that resists getting hot or cold. So, it will never burn or freeze your hand.

I was told it's the same knob is used on the C5R's! I can see why.....It's fantastic!

Also, I was having some noise with my Ripper shifter and we wrapped the linkage in some sound deadning material and did a couple of other tricks you guys told me about. That got rid of 90% of the problem, The Hard Bar has totally elininated the remaining 10%:D

This is my 4th and final knob! By far the VERY BEST.(and I really liked my old knob until it did me a favor by destroying itself!!).

If you're in the market for the very best knob-talk to your favorite vendor:cheers: :guiness: :cheers: If for some odd reason you don't like it, I'm sure they will take it back.....I know Shawn would!!

Barrie
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top