Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track the other night. Nice, cool night out (mid 60s)... expecting some new bests - instead I almost set some new worsts. Best pass of the night was a 12.66 @ 114. Three weeks ago, in 95 degree heat with 90% humidity, my car went 12.29 @ 117.7 (out of 12 passes that day, 8 were 117.x)

I was really hoping to hit 12.0/11.9 @ 119/120.

I haven't changed anything since the last time at the track. On the way home from the track the other night, the CE light came on... set a code P0171 (Fuel Trim System Lean bank 1) I take it this means my car was running lean? Maybe it doesn't like the cool air? Any ideas? If it's running lean, would say a +5% Granatelli MAF cure it?

The car FEELS fine, drives fine... actually on the way up to and home from the track, it felt REALLY strong... so the low traps REALLY surprised me. The car was going 113.9 bone stock!

Oh yeah... mods are as follows:
NP Intake
Halltech CF MAG
TPIS Long Tubes
NP off-road Xpipe

TIA

Jim

http://www.nastyperformance.com

'01 Z06 - 12.29 @ 117.75
'01 GSX-R750

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
60s were all 2.0s... my launches were consistent with the last time I was at the track.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Just curious to what rpm you lauch at?
Also, do you experience a lot of wheel hop?
I'm still learning... hopefully in the 12s next time /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Don

On 2001-08-19 14:11, omniglh spewed forth this drivel:
60s were all 2.0s... my launches were consistent with the last time I was at the track.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Usually I just pop the clutch around 2300. NEVER had wheel hop. My best launch was done by doing what I read on the net somewhere... 2300 and slip the clutch out quickly (i.e. over the first 10' or so) while getting hard on the gas. This got me a 1.94 60'. Haven't been able to duplicate it since /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif Just need more practice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts